Contribute
Register

Garrison's Haswell Z87X-UD5H - i7 4770k - HD4600 - 32GB Photoshop Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm back with another question!

Didn't notice this at first but my computer isn't going to sleep properly. I can put to sleep and it can auto sleep, plus I can wake it up from sleep with my mouse or keyboard no problem but every couple of minutes the case+motherboard lights turn on and the fans spin at full power and it wakes up and then goes back to sleep.

Anyone experienced this problem or have a fix they can suggest to me?

Thanks!

Update:

I spent ages searching with no luck and somehow didn't come across this great post on the forum!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/1078-sleep-general-troubleshooting-tips.html

Turning on all the settings in Energy Saver sorted my problems, thanks!

F9a Bios have completely fixed my freezing problem, two weeks with no issues.

So my system has been running perfectly for the past 2 weeks, no freezes with the F9a BIOS.

Everything has been great.

Then this evening my machine started taking a very long time to boot, on the Apple Grey logo screen it would spin for ages and take nearly a minute to boot, compared to my normal 10 seconds or so.

Now it won't boot without the -x (safe mode) and it's freezing at this point in -v.

I'd really appreciate the help! I've also noticed that VT-d is enabled in my BIOS and greyed out, so I can't disable, not sure if it's always been like that!?!

Thanks everyone, really hoping this is a simple fix!

Attachments

• 2014-04-29 23.18.40.jpg
    2014-04-29 23.18.40.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 131
Anyone got any advice for this? Really can't workout what has happened. It wont even boot into my backup drive.

Thanks!

Hey, thanks for the advice. I've tried that already and had no luck!

Any other suggestions?

I can boot to the desktop with - x

How do I boot with the unibeast installer?

I can install OS X no problem with the installer usb but afterwards it won't boot. Something weird is happening as I can't boot into my backup hard drive either which should be working.

I'll try - f and see if that works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back