Contribute
Register

Garrison's Haswell Z87X-UD5H - i7 4770k - HD4600 - 32GB Photoshop Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, I'll give it a go after work tonight. Fingers crossed! I'm not sure why I'm having to do this now though, as it was up and running fine and even when I tried a clean install now it still does the same thing!

Wow, a year, that's dedication man! It must be and beast of a computer!

Hm what did you do exactly before this started? Or did it happen in a random way?
You could also try the IGPEnabler=Yes first with kexts in extensions maybe it's enough

This is because it's an LGA2011 System and it recently got Powermanagement support in OSX with the new MacPro which also uses LGA2011 - before I had to stick with NullCPUPowermanagement and barely cracked 30k geek score :D

It seemed to happen in a random way but even if it was something I did it shouldn't be effecting a new install. I factory wiped my SSD and reinstalled OS X and all my MultiBeast files and it gave me the same error! Weird!

Will try the link you sent this evening and let you know how it goes!

So Nikezzz, tried the stuff you recommended in that link and no luck booting but now when I boot - x - v it stops here which looks like the end.

Attachments

• IMG_20140502_204949.jpg
    IMG_20140502_204949.jpg
    762.2 KB · Views: 119
Ok I found out what you need: An Ozmosis BIOS - this should fix the HD4600 issue (It also fixes most of hackintosh problems :thumbup:)

http://hackintosh-forum.de/index.php?page=Thread&postID=91141#post91141

The link is from a german hackintosh forum - so if you want to I can translate it for you :D

The Ozmosis Flash is pretty easy - it's like a normal BIOS update just optimized for OSX

Here is an explanation in english: http://www.osx86.net/topic/20657-ozmosis/

Edit: Make sure you set Optimized Defaults in your BIOS before flashing because your OC could cause problems

Thanks so much for all this advice man but still no luck. When I move the files back into the extensions folder I can't boot. If I leave them in there the graphics don't work properly only show 7MB in VRAM for intel HD 4600.

This is so irritating.

I literally don't understand how this is happening. I've downgraded my bios and setup everything exactly the same as I did the first time (successfully) with a clean install of OS X and problem continues!

Use KextBeast to move kexts from your desktop to the Extensions folder. It not only copies them, but setups up the correct file permissions and a few other things. Moving kexts manually won't work unless you do all the steps that KextBeast does. :thumbup:

Thanks Stork, I've done that but I'm still having problems with the graphics.

They are being detected by the system now fully and showing the full VRAM but when I play videos they are still jumping/flickering/missing frames. Any idea what the fix for this would be? I still have no idea what could cause this with a clean install!!!?

Thanks for coming and helping on my thread again!

Again I would suggest the Ozmosis BIOS and fresh install (the BIOS also includes Bootloader so no need for that) because it gets you as near as possible to a real mac.

You can also try your luck by dumping a DSDT from BIOS, edit and compile it and add it to your Extra Folder and boot.plist for this way you can also take a look at Post #5 from this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...e-z87x-ud3h-mavericks-dp2-haswell-hackintosh/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back