Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

I finally managed to get 10.6.4 working WITH sound and everything seems to be working great except I have run into one problem. When I run Garageband and try to playback/record, within a few seconds I get this error message:

"Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI. Sample rate 32857 recognized. Check conflict between GarageBand and external device." Note I'm not even using any MIDI devices or anything.

Anybody have any experience with this issue or any idea how to fix? I googled and scoured the forums for info but couldn't find any fixes. The process to get sound working was a bit of a blur but I know I have the Legacy889aHDA.kext file installed. I figured it was a problem with the audio somehow. I read a few forum posts elsewhere that seemed to be kernel related. But I'm a huge noob and I'm not really sure what to make of that, so any help would be awesome!

Another possibly related symptom is that the system clock runs too fast. Is this something to do with something being incorrectly set somewhere in the system? I'm not sure but it seems people have had issues with their FSB etc. that I think might be what is causing this problem for me. But I don't know to modify stuff like that (sad!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back