i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used to play Skyrim a good bit on my PC. I have three 27" monitors and would run it in 5760x1080 resolution and play with a PS3 remote using MotionJoye.

I picked up the Mac version of Skyrim and installed and have been trying to get it to play in 5760x1080 mode but it's not seeiming to work. I edited the SkyrimSystem.ini file to adjust the resolution to 5760x1080 but it does not give the option in the Preferences. The PS3 remote connected simply via bluetooth but Skyrim is setup for a 360 remote.

Before I get any deeper, are there any gamers here who have similar issues/fixes? Is it possible to utilize eyefinity/surround on Mac? Is there a similar program to MotionJoye for Mac that emulates the PS3 remote as a 360 remote?

I used to play Skyrim a good bit on my PC. I have three 27" monitors and would run it in 5760x1080 resolution and play with a PS3 remote using MotionJoye.

I picked up the Mac version of Skyrim and installed and have been trying to get it to play in 5760x1080 mode but it's not seeiming to work. I edited the SkyrimSystem.ini file to adjust the resolution to 5760x1080 but it does not give the option in the Preferences. The PS3 remote connected simply via bluetooth but Skyrim is setup for a 360 remote.

Before I get any deeper, are there any gamers here who have similar issues/fixes? Is it possible to utilize eyefinity/surround on Mac? Is there a similar program to MotionJoye for Mac that emulates the PS3 remote as a 360 remote?

1st : No Display Spanning on OS X. Apple sees no need for that in their minds.

2nd : I don't think you'll get the PS3 controller working because the "Mac Version" of Skyrim is an unofficial Cider wrapping of the PC Version and not a native port of the game to OS X. (Cider is a wrapper like Wine for Linux to emulate Windows).
Also more often than not Cider Ports are not terribly well done.

I know it sounds harsh but for the best Skyrim experience I'd have to suggest Dual-booting with Windows to get full functionality plus the PC version is supported both by the Dev and the community (with the huge amount of Mods and Customizations available)

Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back