Graphics
GTX 970 G1
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
while preparing for my build, I noticed that there isn't a lot of room on my desk for the apple keyboard with a 10 keypad that I currently use. It needs to be replaced because it is too big and often misses keystrokes even when I bottom out the key:banghead:. I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches, obviously compatible with ML, and does not have a 10 key pad. so far my top choices are the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129002
and the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114029. Does anyone have any suggestions that meet my requirements? Thx

Hi, I recently made my first hackintosh for gaming, and I bought a Razer Anansi mac edition, so I could also keep my volume and itunes switches. They work right out of the box with osx, and I'm hoping to one day get them to work in windows too (I suck at win customizing). I'm super happy with it, and I have bound some of the programmable keys to do stuff with spaces and dashboard etc... It also has really comfy keys and feel. It took me a few days to adapt from the past 6 years or so using the apple keyboard, but now i'm very used to it. Looks pretty badass too :) In windows, the command key becomes the windows key, and a couple other buttons like the macro and fn buttons get shifted around a bit it seems. The media keys become standard F keys.

In case you're interested, I'm also using a Razer naga epic mouse, which is very comfy and works great on mac for gaming (but you need to turn off mouse acceleration in OSX through terminal. I'm also currently shopping around for a good gaming headset that I hope to also be able to use on my macbook air occasionally, so if you know of a good one, let me know! Right now I'm eyeing the razer blackshark, but it seems a bit on the pricey side for my needs. If you do go the Razer route, make sure you get the updated drivers on line, the ones that ship with the products suck.

Hope that helps.

Adam

thanks for the advice, but I went ahead and got the quick fire rapid cherry mx blue from cooler master. I went with this keyboard because I heard razer is known to have bad customer service. I also didn't like the font on the keys so this is perfect! it types amazingly and fits on my desk, which is the soul reason I started looking for a new keyboard in the first place. I love the cherry mx blue switches, they are loud, I can feel when the key is going to actuate, and they require almost no force to actuate. For a mouse, I am using a Cyborg (or madcatz rather) R.A.T.5 that I love:D. Next I just need to find some good speakers because frankly the ones in my monitor are crap. I know I just gave my reason to stay away from razer, but the ferox's look so badass and I think that I'm going to have to get some. I heard they sound amazing, can anyone confirm or deny this statement? I will be comparing them to my skullcandy 50/50's because those are (in my mind) the gods of sound:D. thanks a lot.

thanks for the advice, but I went ahead and got the quick fire rapid cherry mx blue from cooler master. I went with this keyboard because I heard razer is known to have bad customer service. I also didn't like the font on the keys so this is perfect! it types amazingly and fits on my desk, which is the soul reason I started looking for a new keyboard in the first place. I love the cherry mx blue switches, they are loud, I can feel when the key is going to actuate, and they require almost no force to actuate. For a mouse, I am using a Cyborg (or madcatz rather) R.A.T.5 that I love:D. Next I just need to find some good speakers because frankly the ones in my monitor are crap. I know I just gave my reason to stay away from razer, but the ferox's look so badass and I think that I'm going to have to get some. I heard they sound amazing, can anyone confirm or deny this statement? I will be comparing them to my skullcandy 50/50's because those are (in my mind) the gods of sound:D. thanks a lot.

I have been scouring the internet for reviews on TKL Mechanical keyboard(My GF says I'm crazy and how can someone spend so much time looking at keyboards.. :crazy:). It will be my first of this type of keyboard. I don't have stacks of cash. so the CM lineup have caught my eye. the CoolerMaster QuickFire TK or I think I'll go for the stealth option. -- Just asking though, how have you been finding the compatibility with it in OSX?

In regards to speakers.. I'm also looking for a new pair.
I Think I'll go with the Aktimates. - http://www.aktimate.com.au/mini+.html (my friend has a pair and really recommends them)
(food for thought)These get pretty good reviews as well - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396302,00.asp

*edit*
So I Can confirm that the CM Storm keyboard mostly works with my particular setup(check profile sig)
the numpad keys kind of work, arrows mainly. and have used karabiner app to customise some keys.
Function keys are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back