1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So far I have noticed some games not running properly.

Minecraft, game itself runs butter smooth but as soon as I enable the shaders it will screw up. Worked fine on my old iMac. This is an OS/Driver issue as it works fine on this machine under Linux.

Steam, the payment window for paypal has text that is 1 pixel high. Works fine on my old iMac running the same OS and same version of Steam.

Firewatch, weird glitches when looking past rays of sunlight. On my iMac its just a flash, on my hackintosh the whole screen goes white unless I look away.

Obduction (new title from the creators of Myst), game wont even start. I can get into the menu, press play and plop, game goes away. No warning, no error. Changing the graphics settings to the lowest did not make a difference.

Creativeverse, game only works in the lowest graphic settings. Put things medium to high I only see a white screen.

The Long Dark, all seems fine but can't enable SSAO. Horrible artifacts. SSAO is also one of the things that fails on Minecraft.

I'm no huge gamer as you can see from my short list but kinda bummed these don't work. Grateful for any advise, or is it as I expect due to the graphics drivers? I was told by someone that nvidea makes the web drivers for people that need to run CUDA and is not that focuses on gamers. Funny seeing they made their fame as the company that make gaming cards.

So far I have noticed some games not running properly.

Minecraft, game itself runs butter smooth but as soon as I enable the shaders it will screw up. Worked fine on my old iMac. This is an OS/Driver issue as it works fine on this machine under Linux.

Steam, the payment window for paypal has text that is 1 pixel high. Works fine on my old iMac running the same OS and same version of Steam.

Firewatch, weird glitches when looking past rays of sunlight. On my iMac its just a flash, on my hackintosh the whole screen goes white unless I look away.

Obduction (new title from the creators of Myst), game wont even start. I can get into the menu, press play and plop, game goes away. No warning, no error. Changing the graphics settings to the lowest did not make a difference.

Creativeverse, game only works in the lowest graphic settings. Put things medium to high I only see a white screen.

The Long Dark, all seems fine but can't enable SSAO. Horrible artifacts. SSAO is also one of the things that fails on Minecraft.

I'm no huge gamer as you can see from my short list but kinda bummed these don't work. Grateful for any advise, or is it as I expect due to the graphics drivers? I was told by someone that nvidea makes the web drivers for people that need to run CUDA and is not that focuses on gamers. Funny seeing they made their fame as the company that make gaming cards.

Your profile differs from your signature : GTX 960 / GTX 970.
You definitely need the Nvidia web drivers for either card.
Attach your config.plist.

Your profile differs from your signature : GTX 960 / GTX 970.
You definitely need the Nvidia web drivers for either card.
Attach your config.plist.
Thats a tonymacx86 typo, there is no 960 in the pulldown menu. I picked the closest thing. Obviously I have the web drivers installed, without them the graphic card is unusable. Messed up thing is that it runs better of the i5 build in GPU, be it at much slower fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back