Graphics
GTX 970 G1
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
so I downloaded borderlands 2 yesterday because I have played it on console but I wanted it for mac (wanted a different experience). so I have played a few hours of it and the game has crashed 4-8 times just today. it normally crashes during loading screens, but it crashed after a scene with lots of moving details. I am running the game at 1920x1080 with settings at medium. I am also running this game with a intel core i3 3225 and hd4000 graphics. being that most of the crashes are during loading screens, is my issue not enough ram? (I find that plausible based on when the game typically crashes) or is it just too much load on my cpu? any help is appreciated!!!:)

How much (or little) RAM do you have that you think it's an issue? I Borderlands 2 for a while on a 2007 iMac with 4 GB of RAM and had no crashes. Terrible performance, but no crashes. Personally, I would guess that your issue is something to do with drivers or the Intel graphics.

I have 8 gigs of ram which I always thought was plenty. I do also run this game with medium settings at 1920x1080 so I think the graphics issue would make sense. The frame rate is okay I would say about 20 FPS, but it always crashes during loading screens where there is very little going on graphically. About the drivers, I suppose that could be an issue. something that might be linked to a driver issue is that my screen is screwed up when I get to the login screen of OSX. I know other people have had this problem and the only fix I have found (that works with my hardware) is to unplug the monitor and then plug it back in. I'll post a pic of what it looks like.

here's what it looks like before,

IMAG0240.jpg

and after,

IMAG0241.jpg

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, thanks a lot. It's an annoyance that I don't want to deal with. thanks

I have 8 gigs of ram which I always thought was plenty. I do also run this game with medium settings at 1920x1080 so I think the graphics issue would make sense. The frame rate is okay I would say about 20 FPS, but it always crashes during loading screens where there is very little going on graphically. About the drivers, I suppose that could be an issue. something that might be linked to a driver issue is that my screen is screwed up when I get to the login screen of OSX. I know other people have had this problem and the only fix I have found (that works with my hardware) is to unplug the monitor and then plug it back in. I'll post a pic of what it looks like.
There is a fix for that problem. In your org.chameleon.Boot.plist add this string
<key>Graphics Mode</key><string>1920x1080x32</string>

so in the chemeara boot loader, I enter in that code before booting into my OS?
yes just enter this in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist un your extras folder under your boot drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back