Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi everyone,

I'm new to building /upgrading and i need some help. i want to start iracing.
first off i don't have a hackintosh i wish i did but i don't
i have a 2010 mac pro
2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
3gb ram
1 tb hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
running OS X yosemite

i plan on upgrading the ram to 8 or 16 gigs
adding a ssd
upgrading the graphics card
and possibly installing windows via bootcamp

the reason i want to install windows is so i can use a wheel and pedal setup although you can irace on OS X OS X does not play well with steering wheel setups hard to get force feedback to work and if you do you can't have full rotation of your wheel
also graphics card i want to upgrade my gpu and everything mac friendly is very expensive i saw your list of compatible graphics cards and was wondering if i could just pop any of those in or how complicated it would be to make them work .

i want to have the best iracing experience possible hence fully functioning wheel setup and good graphics not the bare minimum with everything set on low.
with that being said if its easier to get the gpu to cooperate with windows and OS X is the problem i wouldn't care if i ever opened OS X on this computer again once i bootcamp it i have a macbook pro that i can use for my other computing needs so I'm more then willing to just dedicate this mac pro to my gaming needs
wasn't even sure if its worth the work and money seeing as the mobo and processor is a few years old technology to begin with but i can't really afford to build a gaming rig right now any insight you can give me would be greatly apreciated

thanks in advance,
mike

thanks for the info abe,
what would be a step or two up from that my budget allows for a little more and I'm thinkin someday i might want to play something else thats a little more demanding

thanks
mike

GTX 970, best value by far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back