Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking for a new mobo/cpu processor combo that is easy to install MacOS Sierra on. Basically I want something very compatible with Sierra. I have a Geforce GTX 980 Ti graphics card that I'd like to keep using. I want around 16GB of ram and I want a full size mobo.

My budget is around $700.

Please help me spend my money.

The I5-7500 is a good gaming CPU and not too expensive. Not worth paying extra for an I7 for gaming. The 4 extra threads don't make much difference. Add a Gigabyte H270-HD3 for under $100 and you've got a lot of cash left for the ram, a nice case and a few SSDs too. Maybe even a liquid AIO cooler.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128976

I have the HDs, powersupply and case ready. I opted for the H270-Gaming 3 for the LEDs (I do a lot of PC gaming) and am leaning toward an i7 because I will probably be working with 4K video eventually. I think I saw an install for this, but I'm assuming it's pretty easy to install Sierra on this setup?

I have the HDs, powersupply and case ready. I opted for the H270-Gaming 3 for the LEDs (I do a lot of PC gaming) and am leaning toward an i7 because I will probably be working with 4K video eventually. I think I saw an install for this, but I'm assuming it's pretty easy to install Sierra on this setup?
I would install Windows first, burn in the new hardware and then wait for Sierra 10.12.6. You may not have to use any fake ids or any other spoofing for Kaby Lake systems by the time that is released.

I would install Windows first, burn in the new hardware and then wait for Sierra 10.12.6. You may not have to use any fake ids or any other spoofing for Kaby Lake systems by the time that is released.

Well I don't plan on getting this for another month probably depending on some funds coming in. I own Windows 10 so I'll definitely be installing that initially to test everything/install my gamez. Thanks for the info, I've always had good luck with Gigabyte mobos, I see no reason to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back