Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P
CPU
Intel i5 6600k 3.5GHz
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello fellow Hackers.

I'm looking into buying a video card for my Skylake box. I've looked at both the Evga, windforce and the Strix 970 4gb, since these seem to run well with OS X. £260 - £290 where I live. Today however, I was walking through a computer shop and saw a Gainward Phantom 970 4gb on sale, going for about £220. I've never seen the model before, and I was wondering if anyone on here has managed to make one work on a hackintosh box running skylake! Would it be the same as any other 970?

Cheers!

Hello fellow Hackers.

I'm looking into buying a video card for my Skylake box. I've looked at both the Evga, windforce and the Strix 970 4gb, since these seem to run well with OS X. £260 - £290 where I live. Today however, I was walking through a computer shop and saw a Gainward Phantom 970 4gb on sale, going for about £220. I've never seen the model before, and I was wondering if anyone on here has managed to make one work on a hackintosh box running skylake! Would it be the same as any other 970?

Cheers!
Gainward was one of the most popular brands for GPUs in PC-Macs in Europe, where they are most common, several years ago. Should still be one of the leading brands and still suitable for OS X use today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back