Contribute
Register

GA-Z97X-UD7-TH Thunderbolt MAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump

Has anyone found a solution for this mobo ?

hi

you have to set the thunderbolt security in bios to legacy and thunderbolt wake up disable..i can get my hdd via thunderbolt drive working but could not get the thunderbolt in system report to show up.. it just shows that thunderbolt no drivers are loaded.

i am using gigabyte z97 ud-7

Hi
I have a GA-z97X-UD7 motherboard I using it with my Apollo Twin audio interface. When I turn thunderbolt option on it works but then my apple track pad loses some gestures and computer occasionally freezes. Has anyone had this problem or got a solution? Attached are my bios settings.

Attachments

• bios.jpg
    bios.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 983
Thanks a lot CTBM.
I followed your instructions and photo of BIOS settings and now I got a successful Thurderbolt connection.
Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Any progress on getting the thunderbolt device to be recognized/ work with hot swapping (apollo twin) with the ga-z97x-ud7 th board?

@hotbullet : Thanks a lot dude !!! Legacy and wakeup off worked for me ;)

hi

you have to set the thunderbolt security in bios to legacy and thunderbolt wake up disable..i can get my hdd via thunderbolt drive working but could not get the thunderbolt in system report to show up.. it just shows that thunderbolt no drivers are loaded.

i am using gigabyte z97 ud-7

@hotbullet : Thanks a lot dude !!! Legacy and wakeup off worked for me ;)

Thanks! That worked for me, too! (BTW, your post is already 2 years old, now :lol:), I have a GIGABYTE Z270X Gaming 7 and use a Universal Audio Apollo Twin Thunderbolt.. always had to restart a dozen times until it got recognized. Changed "OTHER PCI DEVICES" to LEGACY, and it booted instantly with the device working :)

EDIT: After another reboot and trying all kind of different settings and also trying to activate the port, somehow via Windows 10 or using -v Verbose mode when booting didn't work again. I'm desperately looking for a solution here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back