Contribute
Register

GA-Z97X-UD7 TH (rev. 1.0) Success with OS do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All

I met a Problem with Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH this motherboard, thanks to every one, internet, audio, and others works great, but only Thunderbolt still have a serious problem, I have a Promise Pegasus2 R6 storage, it's Thunderbolt 2.0 device, when I connect to my computer, it always show kernel panic like attached picture, but when I try to connect another one Seagate Thunderbolt device, It's good to use, did any one know what can i do of this?

my component as follows

MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH, BIOS F4, set Thunderbolt to legacy mode, disable on-board Intel HD4600.
CPU: i7-4790
RAM: DDR3-1866, 32GB ram.
HDD: Micron M550-512GB.
Graphic card: MSI GTX-760 2GOC
Power: 650W

using Multibeast 6.4.2

Thanks to every one first.

Just wondering if youve found a solution to your thunderbolt issue?

Just wondering if youve found a solution to your thunderbolt issue?

No, in 10.9.4 still not working, but I try to install a 10.10 DP6 in other partition, Thunderbolt can be work very well with Promise Pegasus2 R6 storage, Seagate and LaCie are well too, I am totally don't know what happen with my 10.9.4.

Just so it doesn't seem like I fell off the face of the planet....

Never got hot-swap with Thunderbolt working, but everything else works just fine, including the Clover-based install. I've also read that the HD4600 issue was fixed as well—although this was never an issue for me as I never used it.

For whatever reason all of my work has suddenly shifted from 1080 ProRes-based work to 4k footage... making Mac OS X much less important than it used to be. This fact combined with new Windows drivers released for BlackMagic's TB devices, and the fact my Adobe CC subscription is a Windows subscription, has persuaded me to switch back to Windows for the time being.

I just got the z97x ud7 th today. I previously had a working installation with the z87x-ud5h but all of the usb ports died so I ordered the ud7. I took the old motherboard out and installed the z97x. It took a little long to boot the first time but ended up booting and getting me to my home screen. Everything worked perfectly but I wanted to see if upon a second boot, the startup time would be faster. After shutting the machine down and turning back on, the machine hangs at the white screen with the apple logo on it. I waited for about 20 minutes with no progress. I decided to do a fresh install of Mavericks using Chimera because I could not get past the white screen. The install completed but when the machine restarted and I selected the new install at the bootloader, it once again hangs at the white screen with the apple logo on it. Anyone experiencing similar problem with this board? Any suggestions?

** Update: I was able to get past the hanging screen and set up my machine by using -x GraphicsEnabler=yes PCIRootUID=0 maxmem=4096

***Update 2: Graphics seem shaky. Something is going on with the drivers. I am using integrated graphics, no graphics card. Any ideas to fix graphics?

Core i7 4770k
GA-z97x-UD7 TH
16gb RAM

skinsfan317:

I'm a first-time Hackintosh builder, with pretty much the same specs (Z97x-UD7-TH, i4790K), and I've run into the same problem of it hanging on the white Apple screen when trying to boot off the SSD for the first time. The motherboard is telling me it's a memory-related problem (error code 51). I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious....

How is your system now? Have you encountered any other problems?

skinsfan317, did you ever resolve this issue?

How many monitors do you have hooked up and working ?

I would like to use at least 3 and above.

Have installed Windows 7 on another drive, installed the MoBo Drivers, used a dongle to activate both Thunderbolt 2 ports, but it still reads "No Drivers Are Loaded" under my the System Profile in OSX. Any thoughts? What did I miss? Need this to operate a thunderbolt audio interface. Any help would be VERY appreciated!

UPDATE/EDIT: I changed the security settings for the ThunderBolt 2.0 ports in my BIOS from requiring a security key to being in "Legacy" mode and had no problems afterward with the device plugged in and powered up during system boot.

Can somebody please clarify and confirm if the Thunderbolt Kext Deletion/Modification process described at the link below actually disrupts Thunderbolt functionality? The users asking this question all over the forum seem to be overlooked/ignored. I know theres a Kext rebuilding process involved, but a solid explanation/ clarification would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back