Contribute
Register

GA-Z97X-UD7-TH - on SSD. 70 seconds to boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 AORUSorus Elite AX DDR4
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
All,

Need some help/advice.

I've just completed a build of the customac pro per the specs in the buying guide. I went with full 32 gigs of memory and an i7 processor. The entire installation is on a 500gb Samsung SSD drive. But it takes about 70 seconds of boot time till I can enter my ID and PW.

Seems a little slow - and about the same as my laptop Hard Disk build for Mavericks.

How might I go about tuning my installation?

Otherwise, things seem ok. Multibeast didn't specifically list my GEFORCE GTX 760, but graphics seem to be working ok. Not sure if I should worry about this or not.

How do I tell if Yosemite is seeing all of my CPU's?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-I

I have the same build as you (minus knowing your CPU) and it takes me that long with Yosemite. My mavericks boot time used to be under 30 seconds, but Yosemite is screwing things up. I would just give it time for the updates to come in (people with real macs having issues as well), as well as more efficient KEXTS with MB.

Good hackings.

Yosemite does take longer to boot than Mavericks. 10.10.0 is slower on my MBP also. I'm sure boot times will improve with the next couple of updates. I bought a newer Samsung 850 pro SSD to move my Mavericks installation across and then upgrade to Yosemite. Using Black Magic speed test in Yosemite shows its blazing fast compared to my older SSD. I wouldn't worry about the boot times at this point.

Remove the AppleThunderboltNHI.kext and it will boot in about 8 seconds

So, do you know AppleThunderboltNHI.kext include what kind of driver?

if remove it , Thunderbolt feature work right or not ? especially the storage device ?

I heard a lot of people say that and solved the issue..

Thank you.

Yes it works fine without it as none of the Thunderbolt kexts are loaded. Try it and report back.

I did this. System boots in 30 seconds versus 70. But now my system will freeze at random intervals after I login. It doesn't seem to be triggered by any one thing (eg: has happened while browsing, using Finder, editing a text file etc). Sometimes it's immediately after I login. Sometimes 1 or 2 minutes. Sometimes an hour. But it's a fairly common occurence. Not sure if it's related to this or not. The only other change I made was to use the Chameleon app to set my Mac type (14,2) generate # for it etc. Not sure if it changed by boot flags or something though. Feedback appreciated though -I

Try to disable integrated graphic card from the Bios.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back