Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD7-TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
Hey everyone,

I am at the post-installation stage after installing Mountain Lion 10.8.5 but cannot figure out how I need to configure Multibeast to allow the computer to boot without my Unibeast flash drive in.

I'm assuming I need to get a DSDT file for my mobo, but I've been searching around and cannot find one for this mono. Does it exist or if not, can anyone recommend the correct settings to use in Multibeast to get it to boot?

Whenever I have tried to use easy beast, or the DSDT-free installation method, the next boot always hangs on corecrypto.kext FIPS POST passed!

I changed a few BIOS settings such as VT-d disabled, and TB disabled. Should I try to go back to optimized defaults and see if that works? I've just run out of ideas here.

Thanks!

System Hardware:

GA-Z97X-UD7-TH
Intel Core i7-4790K
GeForce GTX 760
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 (8x4)
Samsung
250GB SSD
Corsair RM 650 Watt Modular
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter

Were you ever able to get this system up and running with mountain lion? I have almost the exact same specs. Currently struggling to sort out the appropriate multibeast settings to get everything functional. Let me know. Thanks

Were you ever able to get this system up and running with mountain lion? I have almost the exact same specs. Currently struggling to sort out the appropriate multibeast settings to get everything functional. Let me know. Thanks

Yes I was able to get the system up and running, but only if Thunderbolt was disabled in BIOS and I booted from my unibeast flash drive. Yeah I guess the trick here is configuring multibeast with the correct settings to get it to boot by itself. If anyone has any ideas for what those settings should be with this mobo that would be amazing.

I've managed to get everything to boot and function without the unibeast. Right now I just need to get audio happening. I also made some kext modifications that leave me requiring safeboot. So you still need the unibeast flash to boot?

I've managed to get everything to boot and function without the unibeast. Right now I just need to get audio happening. I also made some kext modifications that leave me requiring safeboot. So you still need the unibeast flash to boot?

Oh wow, could you possibly give me your multibeast settings that you used? Yeah I still need the unibeast flash to boot into Mountain Lion.

Oh wow, could you possibly give me your multibeast settings that you used? Yeah I still need the unibeast flash to boot into Mountain Lion.
Absolutely. I'll send all my details when I get home from work. Are you using the mountain lion version of multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back