Contribute
Register

GA-Z97x-ud7 - i7-4790k - Restarting issue without cpus=1(4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z97X UD7 TH
CPU
Intel i7 4790K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI Windforce
Hi!

Sierra 10.12.5 works (Graphics accelerated, audio and USBs working) but still need cpus=4 to not getting restarted after minutes of using the hackintosh. EFI Folder attached.

I search for other similar threads but are old and relative to Mavericks and El Capitan. Also don´t know how to create SSDTs and stuff. Read about Lapic Kernel Patcher, but seems that is for laptops.

Also found this VoodooTSCSync.kext: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/downloads/
But not sure how to use it and if actually works on Sierra.

I was getting help on this thread with other issues related to my hackintosh: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-sierra-ga-z97x-ud7-th-i7-4790k.227381/

But then decided it was best to create new thread with my actual and only issue left to solve.

Attachments

• EFI Santi.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 171
Hi!

Sierra 10.12.5 works (Graphics accelerated, audio and USBs working) but still need cpus=4 to not getting restarted after minutes of using the hackintosh. EFI Folder attached.

I search for other similar threads but are old and relative to Mavericks and El Capitan. Also don´t know how to create SSDTs and stuff. Read about Lapic Kernel Patcher, but seems that is for laptops.

Also found this VoodooTSCSync.kext: http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodootscsync/downloads/
But not sure how to use it and if actually works on Sierra.

I was getting help on this thread with other issues related to my hackintosh: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-sierra-ga-z97x-ud7-th-i7-4790k.227381/

But then decided it was best to create new thread with my actual and only issue left to solve.

VoodooTSCSync.kext is not needed on your hardware. Config is a mess same with drivers64UEFI. Native Powermanagement is not implemented no SSDT.aml for Native Powermanagement. You have so much junk in the config surprised the machine can boot at all.

VoodooTSCSync.kext is not needed on your hardware. Config is a mess same with drivers64UEFI. Native Powermanagement is not implemented no SSDT.aml for Native Powermanagement. You have so much junk in the config surprised the machine can boot at all.

So what should I do? Sorry, Im still trying to learn.

Your motherboard is defective. It has no MEI Controller. Need a board replacement.

It does have it. When I installed again all the drivers on Windows the MEI Controller show up. There you go:

MEI Controller back 2.jpg MEI Controller back.jpg

So, I did a ssdt. Now Im running with full CPU at least for 8 or 10 minutes before hackintosh restarts.

Here it is the state of CPU rendering video with Adobe Media Encoder. Any thoughts about this?
Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 2.21.07 AM.png

It does have it. When I installed again all the drivers on Windows the MEI Controller show up. There you go:

View attachment 272995 View attachment 272991

So, I did a ssdt. Now Im running with full CPU at least for 8 or 10 minutes before hackintosh restarts.

Here it is the state of CPU rendering video with Adobe Media Encoder. Any thoughts about this?
View attachment 272992

Attach Current Clover folder with Themes removed along with ioreg ZIP attach. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Attachments

• Santi’s IOREG Hack Sierra.zip
    704.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Clover Folder Santi.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 169
There it goes. Thanks!

Your setup is a mess. Why do you have AppleHDA in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12? Theres no FakeSMC in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12. Config is a mess. Attach output of
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Your setup is a mess. Why do you have AppleHDA in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12? Theres no FakeSMC in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12. Config is a mess. Attach output of
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

I have kexts there as I follow youtube tutorials to fix sound and USBs in Sierra.
FakeSMC is not there in Clover folder as in post installation I use MultiBeast and FakeSMC got install in S/L/E.
Basically I followed the instructions that this forum suggest. USB created through Unibeast. Post installation with Multibeast and this tutorial from youtube to fix sound.

Here it is the output you request:
output kextcache.png
Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back