Contribute
Register

GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK | i7-4770K | RX580 - Ventura Public Beta

The main difference between the iMac18,1 and iMac18,3 is the later uses an IGPU and a DGPU (Radeon Pro 575) and the 18,1 only has an IGPU.

I would say using the 18,3 is a better match as you have a discrete GPU.

The reboot loop is usually a result of an issue with Lilu.kext, at least that is what I encountered. Updating Lilu.kext to release 1.6.2 fixed that issue. All of the kext I use in my OC setup are newer than the current download versions available from Hackintool.

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 20.06.20.png

So using the link provided to the Dortania Build page and downloading one of the 1.6.2 nightly builds for Lilu.kext is essential if you are to install Ventura on your system.

The Skylake graphic spoofing option was added to WhateverGreen.kext 1.6.0.

Screenshot 2022-07-19 at 20.09.50.png

While you are on that site, download all the other kexts you need to boot your system, so they are all up to date and useable in Ventura.

I am using iMac18, 3 and had already replaced every kext in my EFI with the latest available builds. Do you think the problem is that I am using iMac18, 3 (which boots fine with Monterey 12.5) instead of iMac18, 1?
you would replace the iMac17,x to iMac18,x (replace the x with whatever you had before)

and make sure to use the builds from:

You also need to make sure you edit your USBPorts.kext to reflect the SMBIOS change, otherwise the USB ports won't work. Well the kext won't work if it has the wrong Model data compared to your config.plist.

you would replace the iMac17,x to iMac18,x (replace the x with whatever you had before)

and make sure to use the builds from:
Thank you , your suggested update to Lilu.kext 1.6.2 did the trick. I can boot, but wifi not working. I currently have the following bluetooth / wifi kexts in my EFI (again, they all work in Monterey): AirportBrcmFixup, BrcmBluetoothinjector, BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRAM3.

The Dortania repository only has AirportBrcmFixup which I used to replace my older version. They also have BrcmPatchRAM, but that does not match the BrcmPatchRAM3 I am currently using so I did not install it.

My wifi firmware version is: Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.111.1 AirPortDriverBrcmNIC-1710.4)

Does anyone know if Ventura supports this card / firmware?

If you have either a BCM94360CD, BCM943602CS or BCM94360CD2 native Apple WiFi/BT card you don't need any Bluetooth kexts.

AirportBrcmFixup.kext might come in handy for setting the country code, if it is not set correctly automatically.

However, you no longer require the boot argument to set the plugin kext, as only the AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext works in Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura.

AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext stopped working when Big Sur was released. So it should either be physically removed from the AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns folder or set with a MaxKernel entry of 19.99.99, so it doesn't get injected by OpenCore in Big Sur or newer.

If you are able to be more precise about which Broadcom card you are using, we may be able to be more specific about what you should be using. Is the card mounted on a PCIe adapter?

If you have either a BCM94360CD, BCM943602CS or BCM94360CD2 native Apple WiFi/BT card you don't need any Bluetooth kexts.

AirportBrcmFixup.kext might come in handy for setting the country code, if it is not set correctly automatically.

However, you no longer require the boot argument to set the plugin kext, as only the AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext works in Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura.

AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext stopped working when Big Sur was released. So it should either be physically removed from the AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns folder or set with a MaxKernel entry of 19.99.99, so it doesn't get injected by OpenCore in Big Sur or newer.

If you are able to be more precise about which Broadcom card you are using, we may be able to be more specific about what you should be using. Is the card mounted on a PCIe adapter?

I have a BCM4360 and it is mounted on a PCIe adapter.

Deleting and reinstalling AirportBrcmFixup.kext did the trick. Up and running with full functionality thanks to Edhawk and Feartech!

Last edited:
Then you shouldn't need any Bluetooth Kexts, as the BT module is natively supported in macOS.

Then you shouldn't need any Bluetooth Kexts, as the BT module is natively supported in macOS.
Thanks. Your suggestion to remove all of the Bluetooth Kexts and their associated Config.plist entries did the trick.

I also have the same MB and CPU. GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK | i7-4770K however, I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 740. I am not a gamer and this video card works fine for me. I am on 10.15.7 and would like to upgrade to macOS 12.4.

What would be the cheapest AMD card I could buy to upgrade to 12.4?

What would be the cheapest AMD card I could buy to upgrade to 12.4?
An RX460 works natively. You can find them at a low price refurbished on Ebay.

Ones like this are Dell or HP branded and work fine. RX 560s sell for a little more but also work.

1662554551022.png

These sell for about 47 USD on Ebay.com

Screen Shot.jpg

Back