Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 mobo which has been pretty solid since I built it about 5 years ago. Occasionally (maybe every 2-3 months) I get a kernel panic. Most times the first line has "Possible memory corruption:" or "type 14=page fault". Usually these errors are hardware errors, but I've replaced the two 8 GB memory sticks with four 4 GB sticks. In both cases the the sticks are from the same manufacturer (Crucial) and the same speed. I've tried various settings in the BIOS. The BIOS version is F9. I noticed on the Gigabyte support site for this mobo that there is a version F10c that fixes memory compatibility, but it lists the BIOS as Beta (since 3/3/2016). Has anyone with this or similar mobo updated the BIOS to F10c? I also read somewhere that Crucial memory and MacOS don't get along. Before I reflash the BIOS, I was wondering of anyone had any experience with either flashing the BIOS with the Beta version or with Crucial memory? Thanks in advance.

@simonsaba on my GA-Z97X-UD3H (rev.1.0) only slightly different than yours, I am using bios F10b with 4 x Crucial men. sticks, without any problems.

Greetings Henties

I was wondering of anyone had any experience with either flashing the BIOS with the Beta version or with Crucial memory?
My "Mini-ITX 3" Coffeelake Gigabyte computer (listed below) uses two Crucial MX500 500 GB NAND SATA 2.5" SSD drives running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. Never had any problems with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back