Contribute
Register

GA-Z87X-UD7 TH available mid September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, got this email from Gigabyte:

Dear customer,

The new Z87 TH should be available towards the end of the month or early October. It will not be equip with Thunderbolt 2.

Thank you

Customer Service Center
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
TEL: 1-626-854-9338 Op. 4
FAX: 1-626-854-9326
EMAIL: [email protected]
www.gigabyte.us
:cry:

Dear customer,

The new Z87 TH should be available towards the end of the month or early October. It will not be equip with Thunderbolt 2.

Thank you

Customer Service Center
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY
TEL: 1-626-854-9338 Op. 4
FAX: 1-626-854-9326
EMAIL: [email protected]
www.gigabyte.us

Which Z87 TH are they referring to? UD5TH, or UD7TH?

Dear customer,

The youtube video i linked is of the US rep for gigabyte speaking. It should be taken as quite definitive.

- UD5 TH available "now"
- UD7 TH available in a couple of months with TB2

g\

Personally, why are they not using thunderbolt on lga2011 and sever boards? It makes much more sense for pro audio and surprised thunderbolts not included in a gpa as it also works as a mini dp.

Board looks nice, I guess it comes down to for me if I need six cores and 64gb of ram...

Personally, why are they not using thunderbolt on lga2011 and sever boards? It makes much more sense for pro audio and surprised thunderbolts not included in a gpa as it also works as a mini dp.

Board looks nice, I guess it comes down to for me if I need six cores and 64gb of ram...

Do some research and it should be obvious why. The topic has been discussed at length in many places. But in short, socket 2011 CPU does not contain IGPU and so can't meet thunderbolt spec, and so far no one has released a add on GPU with thunderbolt, likely due to political reasons but there are technical challenges as well.

Don't hold your breath.
g\

Hello,

I'm new to hackintosh build. I'm planning to buy the GA-Z87X-UD7 TH for my first build when it comes out. I was wondering if the motherboard will fit/work on the Antec Nine Hundred case(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021). I have the case for few years running on GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L. I want to do an upgrade on the motherboard/CPU/SSD/memory/graphic card and few other items. I'm curious to know if the Antec Nine Hundred case still works with the latest motherboard.

Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks.

I need to replace my mid 2007 iMac NOW. Can't wait a couple of months for Gigabyte Thunderbolt 2, probably going to try Asus Z87 Dual/Quad Thunderbolt 2. Any major problem using an Asus motherboard?

I need to replace my mid 2007 iMac NOW. Can't wait a couple of months for Gigabyte Thunderbolt 2, probably going to try Asus. Any major problem using an Asus motherboard?

main issue is the locked MSR in the bios which kernel panics the power management kext. And with latest Z87 boards there is still no way to unlock. So you have to run with a power management disabler kext and no sleep or proper speedstep etc. There may also be methods to hack the powermanagment kext but not sure if there is on the latest versions. You would also want to be very diligent in your research that all the motherboard components are OS X compatible since many boards have unsupported components. If you are talking about getting a TB2 motherboard from Asus its not available yet either. Your only option for TB available right now is TB1 boards. For that i suggest the gigabyte Z87x-UD5 TH.

Good luck,
g\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back