Contribute
Register

GA-Z87X-UD7 TH available mid September

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ASUS card was cancelled, no more. Do you know anyone else who makes or tried to make one? Any other brand of mobo that had a 'TB Header' to support it? Even ASUS no longer has that 'TB Header' check thier Series 8 mobos, none have one. And its not just a random GPIO, it requires the actual TB control lines from the chipset. I guess you missed that.

I never read that anywhere (not in this article - unless I missed something) but that is interesting to know thanks for the info.

ASUS is also trying again with TB2 as is HP but the orig ThunderEX cards will be no more, acording to my friends at ASUS anyhow. Things are changing with TB2 so we shall see but you would still need that TB_HEADER and ASUS removed it from the new mobos. I have not seen anyone else atempting it yet but I guess anything is possiple. ASRock does have one mobo so far with a DP in port to allow discrete GFX over TB so thats a big start.

Already tested and DSDT patch is in repository. TB hotswap patches in progress as we speak.

Firstly, THANK YOU for writing a DSDT patch! It is so cool!

I just tried the new DSDT Patch but unfortunately I am not able to use my SxS card reader from http://www.sonnettech.com/support/kb/kb.php?cat=445#position_content
The same issues occur before the patch. Slow startup, instability of the system in general, and in the Apple system profile is says no software installed even though drivers are installed correctly.

Are there any more tips that might be able help me get Thunderbolt 2.0 working correctly? Im happy to try anything that may help us to get it up and running.

thank you.

Set the thunderbolt to legecy mode in the bios, right now it will be detected as expresscard devices not TB in osx but we are working on it.

Also do remember there is no hot plug yet so u must connect any device before booting including any expresscards in that reader.

The DSDT patch does _not_ include any TB fixes as of yet, I did say in progress.

Set the thunderbolt to legecy mode in the bios, right now it will be detected as expresscard devices not TB in osx but we are working on it.

Also do remember there is no hot plug yet so u must connect any device before booting including any expresscards in that reader.

The DSDT patch does _not_ include any TB fixes as of yet, I did say in progress.

That did it! Thanks for the legacy tip.
Yes, I understand this in progress but heh, look how far you got it already! Awesome.
I had to double take when I did a speed test by just dragging a BPAV folder to my RAID...180 to 190MB/s Screen Shot 2013-12-31 at 10.12.27 pm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back