Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[Resolved] GA-Z87X-UD7 TH and m500 SSD - Mavericks boot issues

Folks,

I successfully installed OS X Mavericks 10.9 on m500 SSD drive (2nd drive). my 1st drive contains Windows 8.1 Pro.
I restarted system and was able boot Mavericks system on m500 through thumb drive. I ran Multibeast 6.1
and configured some system, and install Chameleon 2.2.1.

When I restarted system and tried boot Mavericks 10.9 system on m500, I got boot0 errors:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error

I had reset system and tried to boot system through thumb drive. It boots normally until displayed 'Waiting for root drive' forever.

My system configuration are:

GA-Z87X-UD7 TH motherboard
Intel i7-4770K processor
Gigabyte GeForce 770 OC 4GB graphics card
G.Skill 16 GB memory system
OS: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center and OS X Mavericks 10.9

Does anyone have any solutions with boot issues after ran Multibeast 6.1?

Thanks,
Sword7

[Resolved] GA-Z87X-UD7 TH and m500 SSD - Mavericks boot issues

I resolved that boot problem by put boot1h on /dev/disk0s2. Now I successfully booted into OS X system.

I think that Multibeast 6.1 maybe have a bug by not put boot1h into /dev/diskXs2 that cause boot0 errors.

Also I now found out that I have OS X 10.9.0 on thumb drive that is not compatible with Haswell chipset. I had to re-install OS X 10.9.1 into thumb drive with Unibeast 3.0.1. Then I re-installed everything from scratch again and now successfully booted into OS X system. Whew!

Thanks,
Sword7

I have the same set up as yours except for the Radeon HD 5770 for a graphics card (I know it's underwhelming, but for the time being...)

I was able to install Mavericks into computer downloaded from Apple on March 25th (so I presume it is 10.9.1 at least) but I can only boot in "verbose mode" and when I get to the final OS X licensing agreement on the installer, it always freezes.

Is this a processor thing or do I need a special boot flag? (I have not been able to use Multibeast for Mavericks since I can not finalize the initial set up!

Any help you could give me will be greatly appreciated!

IIRC, you'll need GraphicsEnabler=Yes for a 5770. Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back