Contribute
Register

GA-Z87X-UD5H USB 3 not work on Back Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stand corrected (or at least sit down). I've not seen any company re-solder motherboards in a very, very long time. This must be an easy fix for them to do.

I was wrong and I've learnt something new today, so thanks for this.

Rob

I stand corrected (or at least sit down). I've not seen any company re-solder motherboards in a very, very long time. This must be an easy fix for them to do.

I was wrong and I've learnt something new today, so thanks for this.

Rob

No problem. :thumbup:

I was surprised like you in the fact that they just didn't replace the board. Interesting to see them do this but I'm just glad to have my board back and all usb ports working :)

Well that didn't last very long. I'm not sure when it occurred but my back USB ports aren't working again. Got an RMA number and emailed gigabyte support. We will see what they say.

Not a very happy customer at this point. Anybody have recommendations for another board? Specifically not gigabyte? I haven't really been using my hackintosh since i got my macbook pro so mainly just using windows on the PC so I guess i dont really care about hackintosh capability anymore.

Well that didn't last very long. I'm not sure when it occurred but my back USB ports aren't working again. Got an RMA number and emailed gigabyte support. We will see what they say.

Not a very happy customer at this point. Anybody have recommendations for another board? Specifically not gigabyte? I haven't really been using my hackintosh since i got my macbook pro so mainly just using windows on the PC so I guess i dont really care about hackintosh capability anymore.

Occasionally I've had to complete remove power from my computer to reset the USB, because devices stop being recognized. It is very likely that the USB controller is hung, and you might need to complete remove power to reset it. Not just power the machine off, but unplug or turn the switch on the power supply off.

If you were to install Windows it's likely you won't have the issue.

It sounds like you have really been unlucky re Gigabyte and USB.

I've not had any problems with my replacement board but you clearly have. Since you know about the problems I've no doubt you will have done all the right things to check. I can't believe that installing windows will sort your problems out at all given the number if things we already know about this issue so I wouldn't waste my time.

I think the issue with USB and Gigabyte boards is limited to the Z87 boards only but I'm not privy to any inside information.

If I was starting again I'd now look at the Z97 boards and would look at Asus and Gigabyte. When I built my Z87 setup, the Z97 boards were bleeding edge, it now appears to be a more stable setup. The only issues would be whether your memory and CPU are fully compatible.

I know what it's like when this happens so feel your pain :|

Rob

Had no USB working, I contacted Gigabyte esupport (in France where I live) they were very helpful and asked me to send back the motherboard, which came back with one component changed and hand labelled V1.1 .MY USB works now...

Hope it helps.

:):D:D

Let me revive the topic a bit. Hi.
Same mobo, same problems.
But. All the ports ARE working in bios setup!!! (version F8). Two upper ports (next to ps2 connector) ARE working in clover menu, so do 2 ports in the extension header USB2.
After boot (10.13 HiSi) only TWO ports keep working - extension header USB1 (only one port connected to the front panel, so maybe there are two ok) and one USB3 connector on the front panel. Can't determine yet, whether it supports full USB3, but currently I don't care much.

There are some win8 patches on the gigabyte site - do we need to patch OSX too?!?!

EDIT: Found an USB3 external drive. No, it will not work in USB3 socket, only in USB2 or via a hub, no movement in USB Prober app, must be the kext, need to update?

Last edited:
OK, let me say I'm sorry for I was in hurry.
I did put XHCI to "disabled" in BIOS and ALL ports are working fine as USB2, which is pretty enough for the moment (no heavy external drives or so). Nevertheless I'll keep investigating for correct USB3 drivers, be it HiSi or maybe Mojave.
Will post the System Report or USB Prober output if anybody's interested.

I had same problem. but after clear cmos all good. all usb 3 at back and front panel works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back