HD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am not really sure where to post this, so admins I apologize for the new thread just redirect me if I am wrong.

So....

I built an awesome build planning on using as a Digital Audio Workstation to run Pro Tools and Logic Studio. WOW!!! This entire rig is screaming. In fact my Geekbench says my CPU is running at 5GHz.. I created an SSDT, did a clean install with Unibeast and Mavericks retail.

Is it possible I am truly running at 5GHz?!? I have the CPU set to run at 4.3GHz and then have Speed Step enabled. My average temps are between 45-55 Celsius. I just can't believe my temps for what its running at. I should also mention that I have the Corsair H55i Silent CPU water cooler.

Can someone please tell me how to really know exactly the speed of My processor? I am just having a hard time believing that these are truly my real readings. MY system is stable, sleep, wake, and everything is screaming fast. I will be updating my profile with my build stats as this one is the 5th haswell system I have built and I want this to be mine.

My geekbench score was over 18,500!!

My geekbench score was over 18,500!!
Happened with my system:
Z87I-Deluxe/4770K - No OC/10.9
1. 9.36 GHz/60 C
2. GB: 31100
3. CB/CPU: 19.8
4. CB/HD4600: 98.87

To fix: BIOS/Optimized Defaults + other settings

Did you get the digital (optical) out working on this motherboard? If so, how?

I have not tried yet. I can do that this week sometime and update with what I find. Toleda do you have any suggestions? I know you are the sound guy around these parts.

Did you get the digital (optical) out working on this motherboard? If so, how?

Optical worked fine for me right out of the gate as long as you install the right audio stuff through Multibeast. I'm running mine out to a Schiitt Bifrost right now.

Just make sure you select it as the output in Audio Midi Setup. You can also set a multi-device output by setting a custom one that includes both the standard output and the optical. I've done that in the past but since I use my AMP for my headphones it's not usually worth it.

Does anyone know if the optical audio port on these GA mobo's can spit out 5.1 or is it just stereo?
In addition to running Pro Tools, I would like to be able to stream movies through VLC in 5.1
Anyone doing this?

Does anyone know if the optical audio port on these GA mobo's can spit out 5.1 or is it just stereo?
In addition to running Pro Tools, I would like to be able to stream movies through VLC in 5.1
Anyone doing this?

Is there a way to check? I've been using the optical out to my DAC (which is stereo only) but if there's something I can check I'd be happy to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back