ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-H Gaming
CPU
i7-14700K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey guys,

I have researched over 2 months to get the most compatible hardware to boot this build without issues and I cannot get it to boot after installation to HD. My KP is pictured below and if anyone can help me I would be so appreciative!!

I have tried all the boot flags I've seen all across the forum but nothing gets me through. I have one G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 2133 currently in there.. Specs are below:

GA-Z87X-UD5-TH
i7 4790K
RipJaws 16 Gb 2133
EVGA GTX 770 (not yet installed) IMG_0097.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0097.JPG
    872.8 KB · Views: 100
It's a kernel panic. Try searching the forum for a solution for that problem and your Motherboard.

Hi, I might not be the best help, because I'm very new to hackintoshing but since I run a similar setup (GA Z87X-OC, 4790k) and ran into the same kp (I think it's the same), I thought I might as well share, what went wrong for me. At first, try to disable VT-d in your BIOS (somewhere in the CPU settings), then make sure you don't have your system overclocked, this still causes this kernel panic for me. At last, check your ram frequency, my 1666 mhz Crucial Ballistix Kit won't be able to run at another setting than auto (which is 1333mhz) so you could try this for your system as well.

Happy hackintoshing!

I'm using Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz and have done a few builds with this motherboard (GA-Z87X-UD5 TH) and RAM combo - all the while being able to run at the full freq by setting the XMP Profile to '1' in the BIOS. Only thing is that I used the 4770K as the 4790K wasn't out at that time.

However, on 2 of those builds I was able upgrade the processor to the 4790K without issue afterwards was still able to have everything running at 1600MHz - one build with 16GB RAM (running 10.8.5 ) and another with 32GB of RAM (dual boot running 10.9.5 & 10.8.5).

Today, I just put together a new build & switched out the processor to the 4790K after flashing the BIOS; but after installing OS X, running Mulitbeast and rebooting I was getting KPs. I switched the RAM freq back down to 1333 and everything now boots fine...

I think I will try installing from scratch one more time - but with the 4770K installed instead of the 4790K.. then switch them out after I get the install up - so hopefully I can get the thing running at 1600MHz just like all the other builds I have done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back