i-770k
Graphics
980ti
Specs:
GA-Z87X-UD4H
i7-4770K
EVGA GTX 770 4GB
Dual-Boot 10.9.2 & Windows 8

I'm using Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 4x8GB, and have been running fine for a few weeks, but recently I've been getting this kernel panic almost every time I boot. It's been getting more and more unstable:

image002.jpg

I had heard that some were having freezing issues when using all 4 ram slots, but I have yet to run into that, when it boots it works great! If it boots....

So just to try, I removed 2 sticks. And now, OSX boots like a dream every single time. Windows 8 has never had any problems booting with all 4 ram sticks in. Is there something that I'm missing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the tip. I am a little weary to try the beta bios thought. I did install the latest Official Bios from gigabyte though, F9, but still have the panics. Thanks again!

UPDATE: So after much frustration, I think I've finally found the winning combo of settings. The Biggest being:

In the BIOS: Performance>Memory> Memory Enhancement Settings> "Enhanced Stability"
This was set to "Normal" by default.

Also Changed my Memory Multiplier from "Auto" to "Manual" and set it manually to 1600.

For the past few days I haven't had a single panic. We'll see how long that lasts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back