CPU
E3-1246v3
Graphics
GT 710 or RX 570
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I've been trying to switch over to Clover so that I'll be able to keep my UEFI install of Windows 8.1. (Right, now, booting via Chimera is stable; my org.chameleon.Boot.plist is attached for anybody interested).

While Ethernet and sound are working (I didn't touch the kexts that MultiBeast had installed), graphics stubbornly refuses to work when booting with Clover. I don't get Kernel Panics or anything, but I have no acceleration (QE/CI), and no kext is loaded. I've tried using different device IDs, SMBIOS definitions, injection options - nothing. I have also used 0D220003 for 'ig-platform-id' and have tried using prebuilt config.plists that purported to work with Intel desktop graphics, to no avail.

Everyone seems to be saying the HD4600 works with Clover right out the box, so I'm thinking there's something very, very obvious that I'm missing here.

Could anybody help? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,423
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    715 bytes · Views: 635
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 6.57.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 6.57.48 PM.png
    134.8 KB · Views: 5,591
Figured it out.

LOL, and as soon as I post, I figure it out.
Here's what you have to do in the Configurator to get graphics to work:

1. Go to the Devices tab.
  2. Under the Fake ID section at the far left, make sure that the value for GPU is 0x0.
  3. Go to the Graphics tab.
  4. In the 'ig-graphics-id' textbox at the far right, write 0D220003
  5. Make sure the Inject Intel checkbox in the middle of the next line is checked off.
  6. Go to the SMBIOS tab.
  7. Click the big magic wand button at the far right.
  8. Choose a system definition from the main drop-down menu. I chose iMac 14,1 as that seemed closest to my actual system (GA Z87X-UD4H, OCed 4770K).
  9. Command + S to save.

I ****ing love you man, i ****ing love you.

I can confirm that this works on my Lenovo M83 (Q85 Chipset, Haswell i5 4670).

Between this and Tony's "universal" thread, everything is working perfectly on my Haswell hack except for sound without any kext patching , and I'm sure it's just that I need to inject a patch into AppleHDA.kext via clover configurator. I'm using an external sound device for now so I'm not worried.

BTW, I read "check off" inject Intel as "make sure it's unchecked" so my first attempt was a false start, but once I re-checked that box it's got QE and CI working.

same was about to happen to me, but i realized "check off" is a phrasal verb. English is confusing sometimes. :)

I am amazed at how goog my machine is working, all but sound works, and everything on disk is untouched.

Clover is the future of hackintosh IMHO.

Yeah, definitely the future. I have a restore partition and can boot to it, and can boot to my EFI-installed Windows 8.1 disk. Pretty great. Very low fuss.

Injecting audio looks like a pain in the rear. I ended up using Multibeast to patch AppleHDA and install HDAEnabler knowing I'll have to do it again after 10.9.3. That's a relatively minimal edit compared to even a regular Multibeast installation.

hi guys. i have the same mobo.
clean 10.9.3 install (yesterday). the issue is that system profiler reads my ram at 1333 instead of 1600. what's wrong? obviously bios is set correctly.
when i was using chimera everything was ok. could you help me please?
i attached the files

clover r2671, maybe a cosmetic issue?

edit: solved enabling xmpdetection on cloverconfig

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    49.3 KB · Views: 326
  • config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 652
LOL, and as soon as I post, I figure it out.
Here's what you have to do in the Configurator to get graphics to work:

1. Go to the Devices tab.
  2. Under the Fake ID section at the far left, make sure that the value for GPU is 0x0.
  3. Go to the Graphics tab.
  4. In the 'ig-graphics-id' textbox at the far right, write 0D220003
  5. Make sure the Inject Intel checkbox in the middle of the next line is checked off.
  6. Go to the SMBIOS tab.
  7. Click the big magic wand button at the far right.
  8. Choose a system definition from the main drop-down menu. I chose iMac 14,1 as that seemed closest to my actual system (GA Z87X-UD4H, OCed 4770K).
  9. Command + S to save.

Just tried this with my HD 4600/i3-4330/ASRock H85M-HDS. Keeps getting stuck on boot with DVI. With HDMI the display will just go blank.

Hello all.

I used this method to great success on my build. It was incredibly easy and I had everything working (sound could be a little buggy at times). Unfortunately, I had to re-install Mavericks after some not-very-wise partitioning.

Now, if I do not put in a fake ID my machine doesn't boot correctly. Right now I'm getting a gray screen, no apple logo, and the mouse pointer. This is such a pita that I'm about ready to quit. Really the only reason I am trying to get the HD4600 back to QE/CI mode is because I've been giving advice on how to do these installations (based on what I did), and it appears my advice might be off. I used the same methods and now I cannot get QE/CI.

Clover users don't need to do anything else other than what's mentioned above? I have my SMBIOS settings filled out, I deleted the fake-id and put 0x0 in its place. I'm injecting Intel.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

you have overcome your problem,I have the same song???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back