CPU
Haswell i7 4770K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 770 4GB SC
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone have these boards and experiencing the North/South Bridge on board fan noise? Have you found a solution to the noise? if so, how did you do it???

I called gigabyte, they were nice and explained a lot. basically the boards are cooled by a heat sink with embedded fans, the north bridge is connected to the CPU and if that over heats it will send a command for the board to shut down before any damage is done. The south bridge however, is not connected to the overheat shutdown command, so if i unplug the fan and the board gets too hot, there will be damage. gigabyte would not tell me the temperature threshold and will not provide that information.

I could water-cool the north bridge and hope that it keeps the fans from revving up, but i am wondering if anyone has found a better solution. gigabyte told me if i unplug those fans and the board overheats they will know and i will lose my warranty privileges. :crazy::banghead:

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD7-TH Rev 2.0
CPU
Intel i7 4790K 4,16 Ghz
Graphics
GIGABYTE GTX 780Ti Ghz
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello!
I've realised today that I have the same problem on my motherboard (GA-Z87X-UD7H TH)!
I haven't find any solution yet, I've tried to clean the fan, unscrew it from the heat-sink, clean it (wow a lot of dust!) but when i'd put it back i've heard the same disturbing noise...

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA Z97X Gaming GT
CPU
Intel i7 4790
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G Twin Zero Frozr
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
...I could water-cool the north bridge and hope that it keeps the fans from revving up, but i am wondering if anyone has found a better solution. gigabyte told me if i unplug those fans and the board overheats they will know and i will lose my warranty privileges. :crazy::banghead:
A better solution than unplugging the fans would be to use a silent case.

Motherboard
Ud7 TH
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Found any solution to this?
I have the same problem - the fan is making a horrible noise :|

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Does anyone have these boards and experiencing the North/South Bridge on board fan noise? Have you found a solution to the noise? if so, how did you do it???

I called gigabyte, they were nice and explained a lot. basically the boards are cooled by a heat sink with embedded fans, the north bridge is connected to the CPU and if that over heats it will send a command for the board to shut down before any damage is done. The south bridge however, is not connected to the overheat shutdown command, so if i unplug the fan and the board gets too hot, there will be damage. gigabyte would not tell me the temperature threshold and will not provide that information.

I could water-cool the north bridge and hope that it keeps the fans from revving up, but i am wondering if anyone has found a better solution. gigabyte told me if i unplug those fans and the board overheats they will know and i will lose my warranty privileges. :crazy::banghead:

Get rid of fans - http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-fb-ga-z87x-oc-force-acetal.html for the OC model - not sure if the same would fit the UD7 - you could ask Gigabyte. Might also ask them if they have replacement fans.

Motherboard
Ud7 TH
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I could water-cool the north bridge and hope that it keeps the fans from revving up

Have you tried water cooling yet?
I have the same problem with these two fans, and it's really annoying.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X UD7 TH
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
Radeon RX 480
Anyone managed to solve this? The noise is getting on my nerves, I'm seriously thinking of replacing the motherboard by a cheaper one.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD7 TH
CPU
Haswell i7 4770K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 770 4GB SC
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just unplugged them and purchased 2 fans on a bendable rod and placed them as close to the unplugged fans as I could get. I'm only running 1 graphix card with no overclock. Been running fine for a year or so.