i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi there,

I just want to share my experience in installation of Sierra OS on Gigabyte's Z87X chipset.

Here is my config:

CPU - i7-4790K
MB - GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC (sound Realtek® ALC892)
RAM - 16GB (2*8) 1600Mhz DDR3
SSD - Kingston SV300S37A/120G
Video - GeForce GTX 1060
Display - BenQ G2420HDB (connected via DVI-D)

During installation process I have followed instructions from this site.

What is working:
- Sleep (except blinking issue after wake up)
- HDMI video and sound via GeForce GTX 1060 video card (I have a TV connected)
- Sound, even optical digital-out port (this is for my MPOW audio transmitter)
- Ethernet
- USB power by RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2018-1108

What is not:
- Shutdown
- Probably USB 3.0 (had no chance to test)
- Awaken process (as I have mentioned the screen starts blinking after hibernate)

My post instal configs and kexts are below:
Screenshot 2019-01-06 17.00.40.png

According to the CPU's type I should indicate iMac 15,1 but I preferred MacPro 6,1 which is closed to the form factor of the case I have.

Screenshot 2019-01-06 17.05.08.png

Screenshot 2019-01-06 17.25.19.png

As you can see GeForce GTX 1060 works fine with Web driver by Nvidia.

Screenshot 2019-01-06 17.50.45.png

To make GTX 1060 HDMI sound working we need AppleALC.kext to be copied into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:
Screenshot 2019-01-06 17.43.54.png

Update: I have added USB inject kext from here. This enables correct USB power management.

All kexts from /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder you can find attached to this post. All additional kexts from /L/E I have moved to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Update: I have attached RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2018-1108. So now I have correct USB power management.

My DSDT was made by MaciASL from auto generated by Clover with Z87X-OC patch (http://maciasl.sourceforge.net/pjalm/gigabyte need to be added as an additional source into MaciASL sources. Preferences>Sources) and copied to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Then I have created my own SSDT according to PikerAlpha's script manual and saved SSDT.aml to the same folder /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Bash:
curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
wc -c ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
~/ssdtPRGen.sh
Your SSDT.aml file can be found in /Users/*your_account_name*/Library/ssdtPRGen

Then your Clover plist in the folder /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER (config.plist) need to be flagged a little bit. Flag GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates.

The easiest way to edit Clover plist is to use Clover Configurator. Yes I know is it not the best way but at least it works for me. To open EFI folder you need to click "Mount EFI" button in Clover Configurator under Tools section and choose your HDD/SSD partition.

Only one question is remaining for me: how to fix awaken process? Manipulations with Clover plist do not help. I have seen some info related to this but cannot remember where. It was written that some settings are missing in a plist related to order of video cards in the system. So if anyone knows what to do please share.

Attachments

Last edited: