Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I just got my GA-Z87X-OC Force MB up and running with Mavericks and I'm a bit perplexed. When I press the power button on my case (Cosmos II), the motherboard power's up but it seems to be in some sort of suspended mode. The MB has its own power button in the upper right hand corner next to the memory modules. I have to press this button to actually get the MB to boot.

This of course is totally inconvenient because it means that every time I want to turn the computer on, I have to open the case and press this button. I would think that there must be some sort of bios setting to override this but can't for the life of me find it or find anything in the book that came with the motherboard.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Bob

Here's an update on this power button issue for future reference. It appears to have something to do with the case and it's power cables. I found that if I press the power button once, the board powers on. Then if I press the case power button a second time and hold it for a few seconds, the board boots up and OS X loads as expected.

Hope that helps someone in the future who may encounter this problem.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back