Contribute
Register

GA-Z87X-D3H El Capitan (10.11.1) Clover - USB Issue (desktop support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. eMac
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. LC
  6. Plus
  7. Power Mac
  8. PowerBook
  9. Quadra
  10. SE
  11. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
GA-Z87X-D3H El Capitan (10.11.1) Clover - USB Issue

Has anyone got instructions for the USB fix for the GA-Z87X-D3H motherboard?

I've tried some of the options in the Laptop Support thread "[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions" (link below) but I'm not really making any progress. Currently I have 2 USB ports working and 6 not working although the 6 still provide power.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

The laptop guide I've been referencing: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Install GenericUSBXHCI.kext in Multibeast. That should get USB3 working.
Hope I could help

GenericUSBXHCI.kext will not work with El Capitan and is not included with MultiBeast - El Capitan 8.0.1

Install GenericUSBXHCI.kext in Multibeast. That should get USB3 working.

Hope I could help,

- Matt
Were you able to get USB3 on this type of board with the GenericUSBXHCI.kext on el capitan?

Were you able to get USB3 on this type of board with the GenericUSBXHCI.kext on el capitan?

I've not tested the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and will wait for a Multibeast fix. For the moment I'm using a USB hub which is the simple and reliable workaround while people find a fix for USB issue which can be included in Multibeast. Amazing work going on in the community so a fix will appear sooner than later.

I've not tested the GenericUSBXHCI.kext and will wait for a Multibeast fix. For the moment I'm using a USB hub which is the simple and reliable workaround while people find a fix for USB issue which can be included in Multibeast. Amazing work going on in the community so a fix will appear sooner than later.

After days of trying, I still can't get usb3 to work.
i tried DSDT edit only, then with the 2 fake kexts, then added the usb inject all, then tried renaming from clover the eh0x ports, then played with the BIOS for auto, smart auto, and all various combination.
Very weird, as it used to work on yosemite.
Oh and I tried my smbios def. as macpro 3.1 and imac 14,2 no difference either.
anyone with Z87X-D3H who got el capitan with usb 3 to work at 5gb/sec?

After days of trying, I still can't get usb3 to work.
i tried DSDT edit only, then with the 2 fake kexts, then added the usb inject all, then tried renaming from clover the eh0x ports, then played with the BIOS for auto, smart auto, and all various combination.
Very weird, as it used to work on yosemite.
Oh and I tried my smbios def. as macpro 3.1 and imac 14,2 no difference either.
anyone with Z87X-D3H who got el capitan with usb 3 to work at 5gb/sec?

Same situation here.
There seems to be some success noted in another thread but I couldn't find the method.
Check http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...n-usb-issues-possible-fix-35.html#post1180951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back