Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have a problem when I want to shutdown the comp. When I hit the "Shut Down" button the shutdown process starts then the monitors go black but the comp never shutsdown. Same thing happens with Reboot. This has been an issue since the day I installed hackintosh. But there were a few days last week when the comp shutdown and reboot normaly, so this is super weird now to me. Anyone got any kind of suggestion where I could start looking for the problem. Please write examples like first click there, then there, etc. I am new on osx. Been using it for like 3 weeks only. Thanks

This can occur if the Wake On LAN option is enabled in your bios. Set the Wake on LAN to disabled and see if that helps...
jml401 is correct, the problem is your LAN settings (I have the same board) set your Wake On LAN setting to disable.

Hey guys thanks for your help. But it's not Wake on Lan, because it's allready disabled.

Hey guys thanks for your help. But it's not Wake on Lan, because it's allready disabled.
What is your complete build other than GA-Z87N-WIFI.

My build is:

Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI (onboard graphics - no other card)
Intel Core i5-4670K
LC-Power LC-1400mi
Crucial M4 256GB
8GB Ram (don't remember the brand)

My build is:

Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI (onboard graphics - no other card)
Intel Core i5-4670K
LC-Power LC-1400mi
Crucial M4 256GB
8GB Ram (don't remember the brand)
I really don't know what to tell you when it comes to the restart/shutdown issue since you have done all you need to get it to work. The only other option is a fresh install of the OS. Hope someone with the same build as yours can pitch in on the issue. My build is a bit different than yours on mine I have a i7 4770k and a GeForce GTX 650 and till this day I never came across issues like yours. Good luck!

Here are some bios screenshots -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/88654krpe8ri1vu/CmHmhW2Ll1

BIOS version is F5. I also loaded default bios settings and only changed wake on lan to disabled. Still have the same problems. OSX was downloaded form apple store.

And here is my chameleon file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>&quot;1920x1080x32&quot;</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Here are some bios screenshots -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/88654krpe8ri1vu/CmHmhW2Ll1

BIOS version is F5. I also loaded default bios settings and only changed wake on lan to disabled. Still have the same problems. OSX was downloaded form apple store.

And here is my chameleon file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>&quot;1920x1080x32&quot;</string>
</dict>
</plist>

This is mine Screenshot 2014-04-17 21.05.33.png Another thing I want to ask you, what kext do you installed when you used multibeast. This are the settings I'm using for my multibeast install.
Screenshot 2014-04-17 21.33.13.png

I didn't install any kext. Not sure what that is. I think kext are drivers.

But here is what I realized so far. I connect both monitors via HDMI cables. If only 1 monitor is connected to comp I can turn the monitor on/of and power on/off works too. (Here is my topic about that issue).

It also matters what hdmi port on motherboard the monitor is connected to. If it's conneced to one of them everything works. But if it's connected to the other one the screen is showing until the osx boot gray apple logo, but after that the screen is gone.

Also if both monitors are connected I can turn on/off the primary monitor. I can also turn off the secondary monitor. But when I turn that one on, both of them go black and there is no way to get them back. Hard reboot is needed. When both monitors are connected the power on/off is not working. I switced the monitors to test if it's hardware issue but it's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back