Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Whenever I power of 1 monitor or both, I can't get the screen back. Even if I leave the comp for a few minutes and the energy saving function starts working I can't get the screen back. It just stays black. The only way to solve this is hard reset. Any help appreciated.

Hi,

Whenever I power of 1 monitor or both, I can't get the screen back. Even if I leave the comp for a few minutes and the energy saving function starts working I can't get the screen back. It just stays black. The only way to solve this is hard reset. Any help appreciated.
Can you be more specific, e.g. what video card are you using. This are my settings on multibeast (assuming that is what you are using) post #2 ---->http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/123544-h87n-wifi-audio-usb3-0-a.html#post755997

This is my build:

Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI (onboard graphics - no other card)
Intel Core i5-4670K
LC-Power LC-1400mi
Crucial M4 256GB
8GB Ram (don't remember the brand)

I didn' use DSDT Free, because I think it's not needed for this board. I do have other settings like you do. I also didn't enable the bottom ones, because I am not sure what they are.
Hibernate Mode - Desktop
looks something that could be related to my problem. I will try it now.

Customize > Boot Options >
Generate CPU States
Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Use KernelCacheCustomize
1080p Display Mode

EDIT: Nope. I enabled all of them and no luck with those either

This is my build:

Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI (onboard graphics - no other card)
Intel Core i5-4670K
LC-Power LC-1400mi
Crucial M4 256GB
8GB Ram (don't remember the brand)

I didn' use DSDT Free, because I think it's not needed for this board. I do have other settings like you do. I also didn't enable the bottom ones, because I am not sure what they are.
Hibernate Mode - Desktop
looks something that could be related to my problem. I will try it now.

Customize > Boot Options >
Generate CPU States
Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Use KernelCacheCustomize
1080p Display Mode

EDIT: Nope. I enabled all of them and no luck with those either
I'm using DSDT Free, you don't need a DSDT with your motherboard. Try using darkwake=0 on your org.chameleon.Boot.plist. for your black screen issue and see if that works.

Thanks for helping me out l0l0b0nd. That doesn't work either. I will make some screenshots of my bios. Maybe I have some issues there and someone can see them

Here are some bios screenshots -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/88654krpe8ri1vu/CmHmhW2Ll1

BIOS version is F5. I also loaded default bios settings and only changed wake on lan to disabled. Still have the same problems. OSX was downloaded form apple store. I don't think reinstaling it would make much difference.

And here is my chameleon file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>&quot;1920x1080x32&quot;</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Here are some bios screenshots -> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/88654krpe8ri1vu/CmHmhW2Ll1

BIOS version is F5. I also loaded default bios settings and only changed wake on lan to disabled. Still have the same problems. OSX was downloaded form apple store. I don't think reinstaling it would make much difference.

And here is my chameleon file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>[B]&quot;[/B]1920x1080x32[B]&quot;[/B]</string> 
</dict>
</plist>
The Graphic Mode string should look like this ---> <string>1920x1080x32</string>
Your Bios settings are fine. I think your problem is with your Multibeast instalation settings you used.
Wich one of them you used when you ran Multibeast for the first time.
Screenshot 2014-04-18 01.43.54.png

I didn't use any of those 3 DSDTs. I just enabled those options manualy. I did use that Free DSDT yesterday but no luck.

That <string>&quot;1920x1080x32&quot;</string> are just quotes "". This forum changed them to &quot;

Here is what I realized so far. I connect both monitors via HDMI cables. If only 1 monitor is connected to comp I can turn the monitor on/of and power on/off works too. But if both monitors are connected then power on/off is not working. (Here is my topic about 2 monitors issue). I switced the monitors to test if it's hardware issue but it's not.

I still have this issue. Is there anyone who had the same issue and solved it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back