Graphics
nVidia 760 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I honestly don't understand my problem. I installed ML a ton of times with this issue then I got everything to work, sound and ethernet. Now I just tried booting up to my OSX SSD and ethernet will not work. It doesn't get updated through DHCP and it just assigns itself some random IP and the subnet server is only 255.255.0.0 which is different than my router. the confusing part is I have the cable plugged into port 2 where it worked previously but 2 doesn't even get a fake ip only the 1st port does.

I've pretty much given up on this till Maverick comes out. I wish the Wifi would work in OSX that is supplied on the motherboard. I don't even need wifi at all but i like the bluetooth for the apple kb and trackpad.

If I could get it to work I would be happy because I'd like to use OSX as my os for everyday mundane things and use windows just for games, but as of now that isn't working. =(

anyone have suggestions?

Turns out it was my overclocking. What was stable in windows was not stable in OSX. I don't know why but when I reset the factory defaults, and rebooted a couple of times it worked.

This sure is fickle.

set networkspeed manually

I have same trouble. When you plug ethernet cable after macos boot up, it cannot get ip address.

Try physically unplugging your power supply for 20ish seconds (don't just switch off) and rebooting. This is a known issue with GA-Z87N-WIFI boards. Can't tell you why. I have to do this process with mine every couple days. Pretty annoying. My hack is on a shutdown/startup schedule and I'm really thinking about putting one of those lamp timers on it to kill the power for a few minutes every night while it's powered down.

Hope this works for you.

Try physically unplugging your power supply for 20ish seconds (don't just switch off) and rebooting. This is a known issue with GA-Z87N-WIFI boards. Can't tell you why. I have to do this process with mine every couple days. Pretty annoying. My hack is on a shutdown/startup schedule and I'm really thinking about putting one of those lamp timers on it to kill the power for a few minutes every night while it's powered down.

Hope this works for you.

I tried this last night it hasn't resolved my issue. I think i'm going to install Mav on it. Hopefully that won't be as picky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back