GA-Z370M-D3H
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I built my first hacintosh about a month ago and has been working brilliantly till now. Last night I left the computer on and this morning it had turned itself off. I pressed the button and it starts a boot loop of powering up the fan and lights for one second then triping off and repeating this a few seconds after.
I have tried removing all external connections, using a different power cable, pressing the reset button, unplugging all internal power cables and recconecting them. All without any results.
Im a bit out of my depth as this is my first build and I have never done any hardware diagnostics.
I have filmed the issues and uploaded to youtube, link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdF6EUrw0v8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Has anyone seen this before or got any suggestions?
Thanks,
Readie

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2x E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
A couple of things to try :

Remove any peripherals then :

Remove the power cable - Hold the power button in for 30 secs - Reconnect power and switch on.

Remove the power cable - Clear the CMOS settings - Reconnect power and switch on.

Good Luck

Motherboard
GA-Z370M-D3H
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Thanks for your suggestions.

I now have power with the lights staying on and all the fans running but I am not getting anything through on the screen over my HDMI connection.
And the internal speaker connected to the mother board isn't beeping like it usually would when booting either??

Cheers,
Readie

Motherboard
GA-Z370M-D3H
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sorted!!

Thank you P1LGRIM for your post with out your initial advice I wouldn't have got there. I will detail how i did it incase anyone else gets the same issue in the future.

First i followed P1LGRIMs advice and reset the CMOS

This resulted in my screen being blank and no boot beep from the internal speaker.

I then removed all of the peripherals again including removing power and Sata from both hard drives.

This resulted in a single long beep and 2 short beeps from the internal speaker (only about 1 boot in 3) - this is so say a bad connection to the graphics card however I am only using the built in graphics

I then removed the second Ram I had installed and rebooted - No Effect - turned off

Moved single ram card to port 2 - rebooted - Continuous internal beeping for about 3 seconds a time before rebooting - turned off

Moved single ram card to port 3 - rebooted - A screen came up to say main bios corrupt restoring from back up :D

I waited to restore then re-upgrade the bios to F5 (they restore as F2), loaded the optimised defaults hit save and all sorted.

Hope this helps anyone with this problem in the future. Hope it doesn't happen to mine again!!

Cheers,
Readie

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2x E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well done - Glad you got it sorted :thumbup:

Motherboard
B85M DS3H
CPU
i5
Graphics
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

I had the same Problem and solved it as you did.
But now i have another Problem: I have 8 gigs of RAM, i got out one stick of 4 gigs and put the other one into slot 3. Now when i turn on the system with both sticks and the second one in slot 4, the same problem comes back and it doesn't want to boot up.

Hopefully you will help me.

Alex

Motherboard
GA-Z370M-D3H
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
By no means an expert at this I will warn you.
After it restored the BIOS did you download the f5 BIOS from gigabytes website and reinstal them? When it restores mine went back to default f2 ones.

I can't remember from memory and can't look at mine as I'm on holiday at the moment but I believe the ram pairings for the mother board should be slots 1 and 3 and/or 2 and 4 they should be colour coded for each pair. After I got the system to boot with one stick of ram I returned them to slots 1 and 4. Try both parings.
Something else to try is try booting with just one stick of ram in a slot if it boots successfully / or not try with the other stick only. I believe corrupt ram can cause the problem.

Only other thing I can think of is the motherboard maybe faulty.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Readie

Motherboard
B85M DS3H
CPU
i5
Graphics
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello and thanks for your help.

Both of my RAMs work but both only in slot 3.

I didn´t install f5 BIOS i have f1 BIOs, where can i get f5 BIOS that i can open.
I can´t open up and install BIOS downloaded from gigabytes website on Mac OSX.

Motherboard
GA-Z370M-D3H
CPU
i7
Graphics
RX 560
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
The F1 BIOS aren't compatible. You have to download the F5 from here
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4490#bios
I downloaded mine on a PC but I think you should be able to download them on a Mac you need to save them onto a memory stick formatted as fat32 (I did have to format my stick to fat 32 on a PC as for some reason ones formatted by disck utilities work in a Mac but not other is systems even though it should be the same filing system!!) to be able to access it through the BIOS. Then follow the q flash upgrade instructions for the motherboard.

Hope that works,
Good luck
Readie

Motherboard
B85M DS3H
CPU
i5
Graphics
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

Thank you for your help.
I installed the f5 BIOS as you said and everything worked fine. The installation finished successfully. Than i turned off the system to install my second stick of RAM and the same problem was still there. So i once again checked if both sticks are working and noticed that i could install the one stick in every slot that the system powered on flawlessly and when i installed the other one it failed so this stick is broken....
Specs: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x 4gb DDR3 1600. The stick broke after my system was working fine for a month now and i have never put them out or something. I can´t say how it stopped working.

But thanks for your appreciated help.

Now i know it´s a hardware issue.

alex :)

Status
Not open for further replies.