Contribute
Register

GA-Z87M-D3H, i7-4790K, GTX 970, Which Clover System Definition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

i got my hackintosh working quite perfectly without any problemes during install of sierra. No Black-Screen, Kernel Panic or anything else.
Everthing works perfectly, after installing newest clover and using multibeast 9.

The only question i have is: Which is the best System Definition thati have to install using multibeast?
imac 14.1 and 14.2 work very well. And what about choosing a mac pro system definition? Can someone tell me whats the best for my setup? And why should i use it instead of another?

Thanks for your answeres!

iMac 14.2 is your safest choice with the least to do on each update. Haswell refresh chips like yours were added to iMac 15,1's but using the Nvidia cards you would boot to a black screen without performing extra steps for very little gain. The idea of a system definition is to use one that is identical/most similar to your system hardware. Mac Pro's use different processors and ram that causes boot issues if you're not sure what you are doing.
MultiBeast is now defaulting to iMac14,2 for these reasons and since you are using iMac 14,2 without problems...well that speaks for itself in terms of don't fix what isn't broken.

Yeah I a have a 4790k and a 770 and I am using the 15,1 because that is the best for the CPU but you have to instal with the 14,2 and then run some additional software once you are in. Then after every update you have to change it to 14,2 from clover to get to the desktop and re-run the piece of software.

Hey wildwillow,
thanks for your reply!
Yes, that was the idea i had in my mind, too. So for now i am very lucky with my build!
I wont change anything and enjoy my machine :)

@lieder1987
okay, i will stay at 14.2 because i am not so advanturous with my working-machine ;)

Yeah I a have a 4790k and a 770 and I am using the 15,1 because that is the best for the CPU but you have to instal with the 14,2 and then run some additional software once you are in. Then after every update you have to change it to 14,2 from clover to get to the desktop and re-run the piece of software.

Yes Apple's graphic device policy is the new audio update that we used to apply when updating each point update. Now it is when using certain system definitions.

Hey wildwillow,
thanks for your reply!
Yes, that was the idea i had in my mind, too. So for now i am very lucky with my build!
I wont change anything and enjoy my machine :)

@lieder1987
okay, i will stay at 14.2 because i am not so advanturous with my working-machine ;)
Hey securom, wise move on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back