Radeon HD 6xxx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SUCCESS: GA-Z86X-UD3H-B3 Mavericks 10.9 ATI 6xxx w Dual Monitors

1. Download Unibeast, Multibeast, DSDT, and KextBeast from Tonymac. Download Mavericks from App Store
2. Use Unibeast to create USB installer
3. Print any guides to PDF and save to USB. Copy Multibeast to USB. Searched current installation for ATI6000Controller.kext and copied to USB.
4. Used SuperDuper! to clone current installation to separate hard drive.
5. Shut Down, disconnect power and pull Graphics Card. Use board DVI port w single monitor.
6. Use USB to boot into installation. **Use safe mode boot flag -x**
7. Utilities> Disk Utility. Partitioned HD and renamed. Make sure to format w GUID
8. Run install.
9. Reboot continuing to **USE SAFE MODE BOOT FLAG**
10. Run Mulitbeast. Running bios F11; placed proper DSDT on desktop and pointed to. Selected the following options

Audio>Realtek ALCxxx>With DSDT>ALC889
Disk>NONE
Graphics>NONE
Misc>FakeSMC v5.3.820, FakeSMC plugins, FakeSMC, HWMonitor, USB 3.0
Network>Realtek-Lnx2Mac

Chimera v 2.2.1

Boot Options>Hibernate Mode - Desktop, Verbose Boot
SSDT Options>Sandy Bridge Core i5

11. Reboot in Safe Mode (-x). I was not able to boot without the safe mode boot flag. The system would boot without hanging but would load a white screen and I would be unable to login.
12. Using KextBeast, install ATI6000Controller.kext
13. Shutdown, pull power and install ATI card
14. Used top DVI port and Display port with DVI converter
15. Boot, Welcome to Mavericks

1. Download Unibeast, Multibeast, DSDT, and KextBeast from Tonymac. Download Mavericks from App Store
2. Use Unibeast to create USB installer
3. Print any guides to PDF and save to USB. Copy Multibeast to USB. Searched current installation for ATI6000Controller.kext and copied to USB.
4. Used SuperDuper! to clone current installation to separate hard drive.
5. Shut Down, disconnect power and pull Graphics Card. Use board DVI port w single monitor.
6. Use USB to boot into installation. **Use safe mode boot flag -x**
7. Utilities> Disk Utility. Partitioned HD and renamed. Make sure to format w GUID
8. Run install.
9. Reboot continuing to **USE SAFE MODE BOOT FLAG**
10. Run Mulitbeast. Running bios F11; placed proper DSDT on desktop and pointed to. Selected the following options

Audio>Realtek ALCxxx>With DSDT>ALC889
Disk>NONE
Graphics>NONE
Misc>FakeSMC v5.3.820, FakeSMC plugins, FakeSMC, HWMonitor, USB 3.0
Network>Realtek-Lnx2Mac

Chimera v 2.2.1

Boot Options>Hibernate Mode - Desktop, Verbose Boot
SSDT Options>Sandy Bridge Core i5

11. Reboot in Safe Mode (-x). I was not able to boot without the safe mode boot flag. The system would boot without hanging but would load a white screen and I would be unable to login.
12. Using KextBeast, install ATI6000Controller.kext
13. Shutdown, pull power and install ATI card
14. Used top DVI port and Display port with DVI converter
15. Boot, Welcome to Mavericks

Did you test first of all to see if Mavericks would install without any intervention like removing the ATI6000Controller.kext?

The reason I ask was I was very pleasantly surprised to find that certainly on my Z77X-UD5H and Radeon HD6870 I can just do a normal Unibeast install of Mavericks - no intervention and no removal of graphics card needed. It just works now!

I've upgraded Mountain Lion 10.8.5 to 10.9 on the same MB and dual monitor (both DVI) without problem. I am using Clover as boot loader, so I am using trim patch and ATI Controller patch in Clover configuration. The only thing I need to do after upgrade is to reinstall AppleHDA and Lnx network kext.

There are couple difference I've notice between 10.8.5 and 10.9,
1. It takes couple seconds longer to go to sleep in 10.9,
2. iMessage doesn't work in 10.9 for me. (cannot even login) but iCloud, facetime and MAS works fine.

BTW, I am using UEFI bios with DSDT

FT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back