5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just checking if anyones gotten sierra to boot on this board? I just installed On a GA-Z170MX G5 with little work other than my 950gtx graft card.. But going back to my Haswell i7 on this GA-z79x-UD7 TH, just can't get to boot up after install ?
Install goes smooth but just can't boot into startup ? Ive tried -v -s -x, injecting nvidia drivers not injecting. Pulling my Titan grfx card out and attempting to boot with intel grfx? Nothing seems to work? created install with ufei ?
nv_disable=1 ? just won't boot? had elcapitan running without issue?

So before I kill this setup and buy another z170 board is there anyone who's seen this work with sierra or is there a prob?

GA-z79x-UD7 TH
i7 4690
32gig adata xpc ddr3
Titan GTX 6gig
1tb samsung evo sed

Do you have the NVIDIA web drivers installed?

Update, got it, took 5 hours of tinkering.. bsod was the toughest part but this link https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/ took care of that..

Weird thing everything is working perfectly except under system overview my GTX Titan 6GB is showing 0MB ram ?
Do you mind sharing your BIOS/Multibeast settings? I got Sierra working pretty well with my board, but I'm still getting intermittent sleep/restart/shutdown issues...

Do you mind sharing your BIOS/Multibeast settings? I got Sierra working pretty well with my board, but I'm still getting intermittent sleep/restart/shutdown issues...

Bios Setup
a. Update your BIOS using QFLASH, when I did it, the latest version was F4.
b. Load Optimized Defaults
c. M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > X.M.P. > Profile 1
d. Peripherals > xHCI Mode > AUTO
e. Peripherals > xHCI Hand-off > ENABLED
f. Peripherals > EHCI Hand-off > ENABLED
g. Peripherals > Internal Graphics > DISABLED
h. Peripherals > Init Display First > PCIe slot 1 (set this to whichever slot you plugged your graphics card into. This should be PCIe slot 1 as it'll give you the best performance for your card on the PCIe x16 slot)
i. Power Management > Wake on Lan > DISABLED
j. BIOS Features > VT-d > DISABLED
k. BIOS Features > Boot Mode Selection > Legacy
l. Set the USB drive as the first boot device followed by the Mac OS X drive to be.

Make sure you get the latest Nvidia Web driver as well and I think more importantly the CUDA driver, for whatever reason the Cuda driver was the icing on the cake that got everything on track, I also changed my Mac from 3,1 to 14,1 and set darkwake=8 in clover config.
Hope this helps let me know if it does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back