Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH won't boot without -x option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for these instructions. I've built my Hackintosh using these build instructions as a basis, and so far everything appears to be well.

My specs are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UP5-TH
Case: Corsair: 600TM
Processor: I3770K 3.5HGZ
RAM: Corsair 32G 1600MHZ C9 Vengeance
Video: Gigabyte 2G GTX680OC
Boot Drive: SanDisk 480G Extreme SSD SATA3
Test Drive: SanDisk 240G Extreme SSD SATA3
Data Drive: Hitachi 2TB SATA
Windows Drive: Western Digital 2TB SATA
Backup Drive: Seagate 3TB Barracuda SATA

I had a few interesting issues.

I have a Bose Companion 5 USB speaker system. It was giving a high pitched intermittent hum. This was solved by plugging the speakers into an external USB hub, which completely removed the problem.

I thought I had a problem when mounting DMG files, The NVIDIA driver download took ages to open, after the DMG mounted, with a spinning beachball for about 30 seconds. However, I tested this on a previous Hackintosh build I'd completed, which had exactly the same issue. The problem seems to be the NVIDIA file itself, as other DMG files mount ok.....anyone else have this issue?

In diagnosing the DMG issue, I removed the npci entry in my org.chamelon.Boot.plist. This does not seem to have any adverse effects.

I also enabled the following entries in Multi-Beast 5.2.1:

3rd Party SATA
10.8.1+ Trim Patch
FakeSMC
FakeSMC Plugins (Plugins and HW Monitor Applications)

A side benefit from this build is it has removed a small glitch in Lord of the Rings Online where there was some slight blocky graphic issues on the left-hand side of the screen, when running with graphics setting close to max. This has been fixed using this build. I suspect this is a benefit of using the NIVIDA drivers, rather than the built-in Apple drivers, but I'm not sure.

Once again, thanks for these instructions.

Thanks alot for the guide MiddleMan , the BIOS settings helped alot passing the installation errors

I have a Z77X-UP5 and a Galaxy GTX-650 Ti
Installation is made from 10.8.3 downloaded from the App Store
Currently it boots only if I use -v -x GraphicsEnabler=NO , if I don't use it it loops at the Apple Logo, with verbose it's stopping at
Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360
In System Profile the Graphics is showing as Nvidia D14P2-30

Still working on figuring out what needs to be done :beachball:

Any advice is appreciated

I too can't boot. I get stuck at the same line. Can any one help?

Attachments

• IMG_20130618_222826.jpg
    IMG_20130618_222826.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
I just reread your comments. You haven't been able to boot in safe mode? Right? So, you haven't run Multibeast?

Okay, then the problem is in BIOS. Enter BIOS, hit function key F7 for an optimized build and make the usual changes: xHCI mode=auto, HPET= Enabled, Init Display First=IGFX (if you are in Intel H4000 onboard graphics, PEG if you have a Card) Wake on Lan=disabled.

Look at Boot Priority Option #1. It should be the disk you want to boot into, not the Optical drive. The Optical Drive can be in second position. Save and boot.

Your MultiBeast settings should be similar to mine. The difference could be that you don't have a 1080 display or a SSD which needs trimming. Most of the other settings are built into DSDT free.

Attachments

• MultiBeast setting1.png
    MultiBeast setting1.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 144
  • MultiBeast settings2.png
    MultiBeast settings2.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back