Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
created unibeast 10.8.2 usb
installed on new GA-Z77X-UP5 TH build with ssd.
started up with usb fine.
installed multibeast with > dsdt free, without dsdt alc898, 3rd party sata, intel hnak's, trim for 10.8.1+, chimera,
boot options generate cpu states, 1080p,

restart and get to grey apple and no spinning.
tried -v , -v -f, -v -x, -v -s

tried to boot from usb making usb the boot drive, and then select mac, but still does not boot.
deleted kexts on Mac drive in single user mode and still will not boot.

i have been doing osx86 since 10.4, and have two badaxe2 that work great on 10.6.8.

anyone have any ideas what is causing this problem?

Under "themes" select "tonymacx86" (in MultiBeast)

Hi Max9000,

Try my guide here and follow EXACTLY as it says >http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-desktop-support/71839-ga-z77x-up5-th-install-issues.html#post512725
You will get everything working.

I would recommend you do these things:

1) Update BIOS to the latest version (F11) and change the settings as to my guide
2) Remove Nvidia card for install with Intel HD4000 card first via DVI socket
3) Connect drives to white sata ports on right of board with SSD/HD on SATAIII Port0 and/or Port1.
4) Make sure the BIOS settings (refer to posts above) have AHCI on, XHCI on Auto, XHCI Preboot detection on, EHCI On, Intel Virtualisation On, VT-d off, Graphics card detection on Auto, Video RAM on Max 32MB, Intel Rapid Start Off, Intel Smart Connect Off, Intel Smart Response Off, 2nd Marvell Controller Off
5) Connect Unibeast to a free USB 2.0 slot for best connection.
6) When booting into Unibeast and initial OSX installation, use -v -x
7) When installing Multibeast (I used 5.1.3) install USERDSDT, Without DSDT Realtek ALC 898, Hnak's Intel1000ESD and for your GT2xx card, the first Nvidia option.
8) Shut down the system. Install Nvidia card and connect to either last DVI port on left of card, or HDMI port nearest screwhole, and reboot.

Everything should work, but if they don't let us know. Best of luck with the install!

thanks for the help, Middleman.

the problem I was having was the dvi was connected to the wrong port. switched it and it was fine.
strange that it installed fine with the wrong port. i installed using the 660 ti and no problems.

i have 2nd Marvell Controller On so I can use the esata which works great. no kext needed ( the sata and esata drivers included are for another controller and can cause issues with this board).

i used 5.2 and then 5.2.1 on second build.
In Multibeast i selected USERDSDT, Without DSDT Realtek ALC 898, Hnak's Intel1000E, FakeSMC, FakeSMC plugins, Chimera, (i installed drive sata, but not needed on this board)

Upgraded from F4 to F11.

My only issues now are hardware UUID not being unique and after sleep my wired apple keyboard and ms mouse would no work correctly. but maybe F11 fixed the keyboard issue? UUID not fixed by F11 update though.

Hi, max9000. How are you?

I have seen on your signature that you have the same computer as mine (almost: same MB, processor, just not the same VideoCard - mine is the eVGA geForce 650), and running the 10.8.5.

I'm having a BI trouble making it run the 10.8.5. How did you manage to make it work?

I had it running flawless version 10.8.2, but I had to update to 10.8.5 (Logic X needs the update to install). After that, my life became a living hell, and I cannot even boot the computer. I have formatted my Mountain Lion HDD, and redid the full installation with the 10.8.5, but still no luck.

Can you tell me how you managed it to work?

I lost my day today trying, I getting crazy mad with it. :banghead:

Thanks a lot!

thanks for the help, Middleman.

the problem I was having was the dvi was connected to the wrong port. switched it and it was fine.
strange that it installed fine with the wrong port. i installed using the 660 ti and no problems.

i have 2nd Marvell Controller On so I can use the esata which works great. no kext needed ( the sata and esata drivers included are for another controller and can cause issues with this board).

i used 5.2 and then 5.2.1 on second build.
In Multibeast i selected USERDSDT, Without DSDT Realtek ALC 898, Hnak's Intel1000E, FakeSMC, FakeSMC plugins, Chimera, (i installed drive sata, but not needed on this board)

Upgraded from F4 to F11.

My only issues now are hardware UUID not being unique and after sleep my wired apple keyboard and ms mouse would no work correctly. but maybe F11 fixed the keyboard issue? UUID not fixed by F11 update though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back