Graphics
Intel 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The Gigabyte motherboard comes with this usb expansion cable and mounting bracket. How would I go about mounting it to my Corsair 300R case? Thanks!

That bracket mounts into an external-facing 3.5" bay. Such as a floppy drive bay.
The 300R case doesn't have one (neither does my case). So just leave the bracket in the box: that's what I did.

The 300R does come with two USB 3.0 ports on the front panel anyway (which will come down to one header connection). But do note that if you connect this header to the MB's F_USB30_1 header (the one near the RAM slots) you won't be able to connect USB 2.0 devices like thumb drives to the front ports. Connect it to F_USB30_2 or F_USB30_3 and you'll be golden. Unless you use an external USB 3.0 hub, things connected to the F_USB30_1 ports will be USB-3.0-only.
For an explanation, see here.

If you need more of those USB 3.0 ports (you'll already have 4 at the back and 2 at the front) I would get different brackets that take the headers out to the back panel of the machine. That bracket is not really useful for your case unless you want to make something really ugly.

If you need more of those USB 3.0 ports (you'll already have 4 at the back and 2 at the front) I would get different brackets that take the headers out to the back panel of the machine. That bracket is not really useful for your case unless you want to make something really ugly.

That's what I was thinking. Is there a PCI bracket that the headers could mount to? Thanks for the other info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back