Graphics
GeForce GTX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm having some trouble getting any USB 3.0 external drives to mount using my USB 3.0 ports (they seem to mount fine thru USB 2.0). They don't show in diskutiliy or in my sys-info.

I have a Lacie Rugged HDD and an older WD My Book, both of which mount on non-hackintosh macs.

I'm not entirely sure if this problem existed before my recent installation of Mavericks, so I don't know if the issue has anything to do with that.

I installed the USB 3.0 Universal kext version 1.2.7, which I believe is the latest, but still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. And happy to provide more info.

Many thanks.

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
GeForce GTX 580
Mavericks 10.9.1

Well my Z77X-UP5TH system updated to 10.9.1 has USB3 working fine with an external USB3 Seagate that I have carved up into a number of partitions, formatted GUID Mac OS Extended (journaled). The capture is from one of the front panel USB3 ports.
USB3.jpg

Good modding,
neil

I've had a similar issue, only its happening with a RAID array that's connected over USB 2.0. When I cold boot, it won't mount. I've tried connecting over Firewire and had the same result. I was connecting it over eSATA without a problem until I started using Thunderbolt-connected drives. Then any eSATA-connected drives would freeze my Finder and force me to force-shutdown.

If I reboot after booting, the USB array will typically mount. Can anyone think of why this may be happening?

Also, if you have any idea why eSATA connected drives won't play nice with my Thunderbolt drives, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

I've had a similar issue, only its happening with a RAID array that's connected over USB 2.0. When I cold boot, it won't mount. I've tried connecting over Firewire and had the same result. I was connecting it over eSATA without a problem until I started using Thunderbolt-connected drives. Then any eSATA-connected drives would freeze my Finder and force me to force-shutdown.

If I reboot after booting, the USB array will typically mount. Can anyone think of why this may be happening?

Also, if you have any idea why eSATA connected drives won't play nice with my Thunderbolt drives, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back