Asus GTX 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everybody!
I just changed my mainboard, but didn´t do a fresh install. i only deleted the kexts not needed anymore and installed the ones for the UP5-TH. Everything is working fine except for erthernet. I installed AppleIntelE1000e.kext from Multibeast. When i shut down the pc now and boot again, even though the kext is loaded, it doesn´t work, but when i then restart from Mac Os it works. For ethernet connection i use a Devolo Dlan.

I hope anyone can help me, really don´t want to restart everytime i need internet connection;)

If anyone has the same problem, found the solution now:
Downgrade bios to version F11, i had F12e before and didn´t work with that

how do you do that? i am having the same ethernet issues....

If anyone has the same problem, found the solution now:
Downgrade bios to version F11, i had F12e before and didn´t work with that

FWIW, I'm running F12e and have had working Ethernet since I built the machine. Then again, I did a clean install of 10.8.4 ...

To downgrade BIOS you have to do the same as when you do an update.
First download BIOS F11 from Gigabyte's site then extract it (i did this in windows with 7zip) and then put the file with .f11 at the end to an usb stick formatted as fat32. Now go into BIOS settings and then into Q-Flash (i think by pressing F7). Now select your stick and then the .f11 file

i have the Gigabyte Ga-x79s-up5-wifi x79 and i can not connect to the ethernet. i dont need wifi working, but i need the ethernet to work lol.

if anybody knows how to fix this please let me know. you can reply here or to my thread which can be found here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...up5-wifi-ethernet-not-working.html#post637843

all my components and things i have tried so far are in my thread but ill answer them again here if you need me to.

thanks!

i have the Gigabyte Ga-x79s-up5-wifi x79 and i can not connect to the ethernet. i dont need wifi working, but i need the ethernet to work lol.

if anybody knows how to fix this please let me know. you can reply here or to my thread which can be found here

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...up5-wifi-ethernet-not-working.html#post637843

all my components and things i have tried so far are in my thread but ill answer them again here if you need me to.

thanks!

Your post here is completely off-topic, as you are posting about a completely different mobo than the one cited in this topic/thread. Please confine any further posts about your problems to the thread you started at the link above. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back