Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I have UP5 with F11 bios. I can't download mountain lion because the app store comes up blank on wife's mac in itunes, so I have a retail copy of Snow Leopard that I'm trying to install. I'm using iBoot 3.3.0 with PCIRootUID=1 -x -v and 4 gig of ram. Many pages of lines showing various "read" operations load and then the screen goes blank. It looks like it goes alphabetically and gets to the W's before that phase is done and it hangs on whatever is supposed to happen next. Is there a guide for the bios settings for v F11 that I should use?

Hi, I have UP5 with F11 bios. I can't download mountain lion because the app store comes up blank on wife's mac in itunes, so I have a retail copy of Snow Leopard that I'm trying to install. I'm using iBoot 3.3.0 with PCIRootUID=1 -x -v and 4 gig of ram. Many pages of lines showing various "read" operations load and then the screen goes blank. It looks like it goes alphabetically and gets to the W's before that phase is done and it hangs on whatever is supposed to happen next. Is there a guide for the bios settings for v F11 that I should use?

Ivy Bridge mainboard + Ivy Bridge CPU + iBoot + SL Retail DVD = failure

Ivy Bridge mainboard + Ivy Bridge CPU + iBoot Ivy Bridge + SL Retail DVD = success

Ivy Bridge mainboard + Ivy Bridge CPU + iBoot + SL Retail DVD = failure

Ivy Bridge mainboard + Ivy Bridge CPU + iBoot Ivy Bridge + SL Retail DVD = success

If you are ever in the Los Angeles area, you have a beer or other refreshment coupon on me. Very much appreciate your post. I've been to other boards where somebody would have made a less than helpful reply and lectured on my stupidity. Your reply was right on the money and extremely helpful. Thank you.

If you are ever in the Los Angeles area, you have a beer or other refreshment coupon on me. Very much appreciate your post. I've been to other boards where somebody would have made a less than helpful reply and lectured on my stupidity. Your reply was right on the money and extremely helpful. Thank you.

You are welcome. My thought has always been, if you do not know something, the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.
Not knowing something is not stupidity, it is ignorance and ignorance is curable by answering the question. No sense in being rude to someone who wants to learn. It only makes yourself look bad and discourages learning.

Would it be possible for me to paypal you $50 for an hour of consulation?

Would it be possible for me to paypal you $50 for an hour of consulation?

Sorry, no. See rules:

Advertising and Solicitation

• No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.

But if you have problems, just post them and somebody will probably have a solution for you.

Trying to install SL on Ivy Bridge you need iBoot Ivy Bridge.

Try using iBoot Ivy Bridge instead of iBoot.

To All

This post and the treads following were moved from the Mountain Lion Desktop Support forum to the Snow Leopard Desktop support forum as they dead w Snow Leopard 10.6.x and not w Mountain Lion 10.8
Tote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back