Contribute
Register

GA-Z77x-UP5 TH install issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow hackintoshers,
I seem to be an issue using multibeast. This is my first hackintosh build and I am getting OS ML installed fine. I have a problem after ML is installed. In multibeast I used the setting that middleman has recommended as well as using easyconfig but I keep getting errors (it is a grey screen over a darker grey screen). I'm thinking it may be because I am using VGA? I am using on-board Video. HD4000

please help!!

I don't know if that was meant for me but I'm using mountain lion. Any suggestions?

Hello fellow hackintoshers,
I seem to be an issue using multibeast. This is my first hackintosh build and I am getting OS ML installed fine. I have a problem after ML is installed. In multibeast I used the setting that middleman has recommended as well as using easyconfig but I keep getting errors (it is a grey screen over a darker grey screen). I'm thinking it may be because I am using VGA? I am using on-board Video. HD4000

please help!!

VGA port will not work. Use DVI, HDMI, or (mini)DisplayPort

-bth

Thank you very much BTH!!! I thought that was the problem. :D

Hi guys great work.
With your help I was able to get my Ga-z77Z-up5 th with gtx 670 up and running in no time. Only now i want to install an areca 1882 and i dont see any pci devices in system profiler. Anybody any ideas?

Kind regards,

Fred

Moderator: You said : "But if you have problems, just post them and somebody will probably have a solution for you."

I wish that this was true. I have been spending all of my free time trying to resolve my problems. I have posted for help on the boards and no one. NO ONE has been able to help me get going.

Why not create a separate forum to allow for the exchange of services? I, for one, would be happy to pay someone to help me.

Rick

Hi Going Bald,

I not dumb and I like to learn. I also respect the rules of an forum that is as worthy as this one.

Yet, my problem remains to be resolved. I have a big project that is way overdue and I'm just dead in the water. You said that someone would help...well...here is my challenge!

OK…here is my problem…very detailed!

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, Asus 670 top, 512 Vertex SSD

Fresh 10.8.3 installation (yes, I have also tried a 10.8.2 with upgrade installation as well)

Left Graphics card in place (also tried with it out)

I have monitors connected to both the internal 4000 and the 670. (tried both internal VGA and DVI)

Prepared a boot USB with UniBeast Mountain Lion 1.7.0 and MacOSX 10.8.3. For convenience and later use, I put MultiBeast 5.2.1 and Chimera 2.0.1 on the stick.

Booted with the USB, formatted a 512GB Vertex SSD as Boot HD, and installed onto it. I should mention that I immediately had video on both monitors.

The first phase of the OSX installation went OK, I ran MultiBeast 5.2.1 with these minimal settings:
* User DSDT or DSDT Free..
* ALC898 (without DSDT)
* 3rd Party SATA
* Networking/Intel hnak

I then installed the updated Chimera 2.0.1.

After a restart, I got hung up on the gray Apple screen.

Reboot to USB…chose:
Boot HD -v -x -f

Stalled on this line:
HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga

Booted again..this time:
Boot HD -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No

Success!

Once OSX was loaded I used MultiBeast 5.2.1 to permanently add GraphicsEnabler=No

I tried to reboot directly to Boot HD and got stuck at the spinning circle on the bra Apple screen.

Rebooted to USB, chose:
Boot HD -v -x

Works!

So, I tried once again, this time without safe mode:
Boot HD -v
Got hung up at:
Adapter vbus initialized

Damn….OK, rebooted with USB again..
Chose:
Boot HD -v -x

Works!

OK…what to try now? Well, I looked at my kext files and found that Fake SMC was installed, so I figured I'd try to install the Fake SMC Plugins with MultiBeast 5.2.1

A reboot got me to the gray Apple screen with the spinner…stuck forever.

Rebooted t:
Boot HD -v

Got stuck at:
Adaptek vbus intialized

Reboot: Boot HD -v -x

Works OK…

So here I am with a machine that will reliably boot in safe mode, but I am at a total loss for what to try next and I am afraid to break what I have.

I need some knowledgeable person out there to suggest something, please!

Thanks,
Rick

Are both video inputs still attached to the monitor at the same time? if so you gotta switch video feeds from your monitor. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back