Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH i7 3770K unknown CPU model 0x3a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Solution was again to boot from Unibeast and log in with -v -x (and in my case PCIRootUID=0) trash the Extrafolder and perform a new MultiBest session. After that no problem!

Same Problem here, ASUS p8z77v-le with cpu i5 3330 ..what to do? could you explain what you have selected in the new multibeast session?
I don't have the Extra Folder in the HD cause I haven't installed easybeast or dsdt or dsdt free method.

I've installed FakeSMC, Patched AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement and Chimera. After reboot I'm stuck at that error in verbose mode.

I had a similar error. I was using the USB 3.0 for my unibeast install and it did not like that. But also had WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

I removed my GTX 650 Ti, and used the hdmi on the Mb and booted into Unibeast finally using flags -v -x and the install finally worked.

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH i7 3770K
GTX 650 Ti
Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb 1600 MHz

Hi Guys this Smbios plist for ivy bridge ,,, MacBook Pro Retina 10.1 and MBP 9.2 MBP 9.1 >>>

unzip smbios.zip then copy any plist u want then rename it to "smbios.plist" put and replace it in extra folder

give it shot ;)

Has anybody tried this yet? Should this work because the MBP's listed above have the right kind of CPU?

I have an i5-3550. My setup will sometimes boot normally if I wait long enough, but I get sick of waiting after about 5 minutes and boot it to safe mode.

Tried the SMBIOS from a retina macbookpro ( 10,1 ) on my 3570k, only thing it did is cap my turbo at 3.4 rather than 3.8 and the warning persists.

Tried the SMBIOS from a retina macbookpro ( 10,1 ) on my 3570k, only thing it did is cap my turbo at 3.4 rather than 3.8 and the warning persists.
Other than the kernel, there is no Ivy Bridge CPU support in 10.8.2. Using macbookpro9,1/10,1, macmini6,1 or imac13,1 disables native power management (SpeedStep). Those products get special builds at the time of manufacture.

****My boot problem is fixed****
After that last post I realized the possibility where the problem lied.
Installing with a VGA connection on this board will work fine... until after the chameleon plist is installed... use only a dvi!
Here's the run down "The thing that separates a Genius from a Beggar is effort"
So... I have a Catleap Q270 monitor... which do not work with the on board dvi (dead beef error)
So I pulled out my old VGA monitor everything worked fine till after mbeast, switching to a DVi port fixed this instantly.
Thanks everyone, and I apologize (like most problems user related).

@jjjooonnn: THANKS FOR THIS! It worked for me on my MSI Z77-G45 (using a DVI cable instead of RGB). Too bad I didn't read this sooner before I reinstalled ML 4 times and tried every Multibeast from 5.0.2 to 5.2.1 all while cursing kduvernay's mATX guide! HA! All this time it was the stupid monitor connection! Sorry I ever doubted you kduvernay! :)

Solution was again to boot from Unibeast and log in with -v -x (and in my case PCIRootUID=0) trash the Extrafolder and perform a new MultiBest session. After that no problem!

Can I jump in here and ask how you do this? how to log in with -v -x, what does that mean?

THanks!

Hi,
I just had the same problem with my H77-DS3H motherboard. It hang after the "WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a".

I am having the same problem. This is my first Hackintosh build, so I'm pretty much a noob. I do understand how to boot in verbose mode and safe mode after a little trial & error (mostly error!).

Can you explain in more detail what is meant by "trash the Extrafolder" ?? This is the only step I don't understand.

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back