Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm running 10.8.2. Sys report says there is no Firewire port. It seems somewhere I read that I need additional hardware but I can't find it. Anyone give info on this from experience?

There is no Firewire port on this board. Only a Firewire Header, so if your case has a Firewire port then there will be a cable to plug into the header. Otherwise System Report will not see a port.

I think there is a 1394 header on the motherboard. You will need a front panel port similar to this (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811996006) so that you can utilize that header.

That is correct. I have the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH installed in a Corsair Carbide 400R case that has a built in Firewire port. I just had to connect the pigtail from the case to the Firewire header on the motherboard. If you already have a case, then the device above will work (if you have an available drive bay).

-bth

Just to give a heads up... The onboard Firewire chipset from VIA is ****.

I get static noise in my studio monitors and I've bought a Syba Firewire PCI-card with Texas Instruments Chipset.
This will solve my problem! Crazy how they couldn't have added a firewire chipset that can actually perform! (TI rules)

I have the same setup as Bthall but I use a geforce 560ti and can't get Sleep mode to work for the life of me, but everything works great like the post says! Auto sleep mode the monitor turns off but fans and machine stay on, Manual Sleep the machine turns off for 3 secs and then snaps back on.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back