Contribute
Register

GA-Z77x-UP4 TH : GTX770 + onboard graphics issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone. I have a GA-Z77x-UP4 TH + MSI GTX770. Everything is working fine however when I want to enable the onboard video card in order to get two monitors to work the system hangs at the login screen. Everything boots up but once you get to the login screen nothing.

Integrated Graphics Processor:
  1. 1 x D-Sub port
  2. 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
    * The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
    * Simultaneous output for DVI-D and the MDP2 Thunderbolt port is not supported.
  3. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920x1200
Intel DSL3510L chip:
  1. 2 Thunderbolt ports (MDP1/MDP2) support for Mini-DisplayPort and Thunderbolt monitor(s), and supporting a maximum resolution of 2560x1600.
    * When a monitor connected to the DVI-D port, the MDP2 Thunderbolt port can support Thunderbolt storage device(s) only.
    * Due to PC architecture I/O resources limitation, the amount of the Thunderbolt devices can be used is dependent on the quantity of PCI Express and PCI devices be installed. (Refer to Chapter 1-7, "Back Panel Connectors", and Chapter 2, "Peripherals\Intel(R) Thunderbolt" for more information.)

Hello everyone. I have a GA-Z77x-UP4 TH + MSI GTX770. Everything is working fine however when I want to enable the onboard video card in order to get two monitors to work the system hangs at the login screen. Everything boots up but once you get to the login screen nothing.

If you are using the 770 for graphics, why are you not connecting both monitors to the 770? it is fully capable of supporting and driving 2 monitors.

Yeah that works. However I am using this rig for heavy photo & video editing and would like to save all the power of this card for the main display. This is working fine as an interim solution however I would love to get the onboard card to work for my secondary display. Thanks!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back