Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H with i5-3570K and SSD. Clover Installation For Dummies :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if this will work with a fresh install? How about if you've already installed windows under legacy only bios on a separate drive? Does the clover bootloader overwrite chimera?

I've been working on getting my machine up and running all week now and so far under the iboot+multibeast guide I've only been able to get it to the 10.6.8 update. The biggest problem I have right now is the fact that I can't get 10.10 to even start downloading from the app store. The "Get" letters just turn grey and nothing happens.

I'm at the point now where I'm willing to reformat the drive and start over but if that's not needed let me know and I'll install with clover as this seems to be the best way to not have as many issues right now.

I'm experiencing an issue with Clover. I don't know why, the autoboot at the start doesn't work anymore.

Someone knows how to solve this? Thanks!

I have a z77x-UD5H - i-3770K, NVIDIA Gt 640

What will be different with regards to the kexts, DSDT, etc?

Boot is fine, so at Post Install and about to start getting my Asus BT usb adapter to work, GT640 works, but I can't get HDMI on the integrated graphics to work at same time.

I have a z77x-UD5H - i-3770K, NVIDIA Gt 640

What will be different with regards to the kexts, DSDT, etc?

Boot is fine, so at Post Install and about to start getting my Asus BT usb adapter to work, GT640 works, but I can't get HDMI on the integrated graphics to work at same time.
I don't know why the original post in thread is empty, but I would follow tonymacx86's http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html then use his config.plist - Inject Intel HD 4600 which should let you use both HD4600 and the GT640.

You won't need a DSDT with your motherboard as Gigabyte's BIOS is a lot better than previous generations' motherboard chipsets. Your motherboard's audio and LAN chipsets are listed in the User Manual up front in the "gray pages." However, you'll only need to use the Ethernet driver (according to tony's guide) as (IIRC) Clover installer selects the right audio driver.

Update: Use toleda's audio installer > https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

I don't know why the original post in thread is empty, but I would follow tonymacx86's http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html then use his config.plist - Inject Intel HD 4600 which should let you use both HD4600 and the GT640.

You won't need a DSDT with your motherboard as Gigabyte's BIOS is a lot better than previous generations' motherboard chipsets. Your motherboard's audio and LAN chipsets are listed in the User Manual up front in the "gray pages." However, you'll only need to use the Ethernet driver (according to tony's guide) as (IIRC) Clover installer selects the right audio driver.

Update: Use toleda's audio installer > https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Got them both working by selecting internal graphics first in the bios! Thanks for the help!
Is there a way to get my BT211 (asus) working? I had to go into Windows to get it to light up. Then I booted to Yosemite and while it lit up and connected the KB and TP they wouldn't work. Also, for some reason my audio still won't show up despite mentiined efforts.

Got them both working by selecting internal graphics first in the bios! Thanks for the help!
Is there a way to get my BT211 (asus) working? I had to go into Windows to get it to light up. Then I booted to Yosemite and while it lit up and connected the KB and TP they wouldn't work. Also, for some reason my audio still won't show up despite mentiined efforts.
Can't help you with your ASUS BT as we use the BT USB dongles that are in the Buyer's Guide.

Yosemite has changed it's default audio output settings from previous versions of OS X. So, in the Sound Preference Pane, do the following:
Sound Effects: Check the box "Play feedback when volume has changed." This is a new option and was the default on Mavericks and earlier. You now need to turn it on to test your speaker volume.

139425d1433104362-guide-gigabyte-h-z97n-wifi-using-hd4600-chimera-multibeast-method-107734d1413639647t-storks-zorro-build-z68x-ud3h-i7-2600k-hd3000-107566d1413639647-success-flexac.png

Use Internal Speakers instead of Line Out.
139426d1413667718-guide-gigabyte-h-z97n-wifi-using-hd4600-chimera-multibeast-method-107735d1413667718-storks-zorro-build-z68x-ud3h-i7-2600k-hd3000-107567d1413639647t-success-flexac.png

Audio should now work. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't help you with your ASUS BT as we use the BT USB dongles that are in the Buyer's Guide.

Yosemite has changed it's default audio output settings from previous versions of OS X. So, in the Sound Preference Pane, do the following:
Sound Effects: Check the box "Play feedback when volume has changed." This is a new option and was the default on Mavericks and earlier. You now need to turn it on to test your speaker volume.

139425d1433104362-guide-gigabyte-h-z97n-wifi-using-hd4600-chimera-multibeast-method-107734d1413639647t-storks-zorro-build-z68x-ud3h-i7-2600k-hd3000-107566d1413639647-success-flexac.png

Use Internal Speakers instead of Line Out.
139426d1413667718-guide-gigabyte-h-z97n-wifi-using-hd4600-chimera-multibeast-method-107735d1413667718-storks-zorro-build-z68x-ud3h-i7-2600k-hd3000-107567d1413639647t-success-flexac.png

Audio should now work. :thumbup:

I should have been clearer. My onboard audio still doesn't work - but I got both graphics working.
Audio only plays through my Duet, plugged in via Firewire.

I may just go back to Multibeast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you guys getting the annoying popping sound on iMac, is there a way to solve it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back