Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H with i5-3570K and SSD. Clover Installation For Dummies :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats for having it working... :headbang:

Regarding the SSD issue, did you recopy the EFI folder in the EFI drive of the SSD?
Did you format the SSD drive before? I would... dont ask me why :D
Did you take out all the other drives from the computer. Trust me, it can solves issues... (Maybe the boot is looking for your old version, the one with your HD....) - that s why i recommend format SSD and take away all hard drive.
Are you booting UEFI always?

Good luck, and have a nice hacking week end :lol:

thanks for the help.
I am a little further now.

Now it just boots when i hit "with injected kext" at the boot screen

Any ideas?

Thanks for the awesome guide. Everything was going great up until:
13. Reboot and Hit the Space bar once on the clover screen.
14. Select boot single user verbose :

A few differences in my setup:
CPU is 2600k
board is rev 1.1
For now I'm using an HDD. If I get it all working I plan on cloning to my SSD
I'm using the latest Clover (3021)

- If I leave the USB installer drive in and boot off that, when I hit the spacebar it hangs on loading a BT controller.
- If I remove the USB installer drive and boot off the HDD (selecting the drive with the apple icon), when I select "Single user, verbose" it just starts loading, then reboots.

Could you please clarify this part so I know what I'm doing wrong? Do I want to boot from the USB installer or the HDD?

Congrats for having it working... :headbang:

Regarding the SSD issue, did you recopy the EFI folder in the EFI drive of the SSD?
Did you format the SSD drive before? I would... dont ask me why :D
Did you take out all the other drives from the computer. Trust me, it can solves issues... (Maybe the boot is looking for your old version, the one with your HD....) - that s why i recommend format SSD and take away all hard drive.
Are you booting UEFI always?

Good luck, and have a nice hacking week end :lol:

I have my system back up and running well.

I need to disable CSM support in Bios F14 on by GA-77x-UD5h board to make USB work after sleep.

But by selecting this the system boots up without showing the bios screen or the clover boot option screen.
Also with CSM support disabled i can not boot in my separate windows HDD.

Is you setup working like this not showing clover boot screen and bios screen ?

What setting do you have for intuit display in bios ?

Thanks for all the help from your side!

I have my system back up and running well.

I need to disable CSM support in Bios F14 on by GA-77x-UD5h board to make USB work after sleep.

But by selecting this the system boots up without showing the bios screen or the clover boot option screen.
Also with CSM support disabled i can not boot in my separate windows HDD.

Is you setup working like this not showing clover boot screen and bios screen ?

What setting do you have for intuit display in bios ?

Thanks for all the help from your side!

with bios version f15q and disabled csm the system still KPs after sleep/wake and usb connect

iphone instant reboot, old iPod is ok but after a while it is crashing too.

with f15q you'll see the clover boot screen.....

All I get when trying to login to iMessage is "an error occurred during activation. Try again.

When i do the
  1. Clover Configurator, import "EFI/CLOVER/config.plist"

no settings on any tab changes ? all is still blank
is this normal or did the clover fail to load the plist file?

Followed the guide being more tricky than expected :rolleyes:

Not that it was difficult to follow but I couldn't be able to boot the USB once created (black screen with blinking slash again and again). I was finally able to install using a UniBeast disk and finally back to the road with Clover.

System is up but and stable but presenting these issues:
1/ crash after wake/sleep and inserting USB
2/ no sound after wake/sleep
3/ every reboot I've to press F12 to select UEFI SSD, other way i'll face the blinking slash :/
4/ windows and linux drives are being recognized but unable to boot asking me to select a "proper boot option"

Any help will be much appreciated:thumbup:

Followed the guide being more tricky than expected :rolleyes:

Not that it was difficult to follow but I couldn't be able to boot the USB once created (black screen with blinking slash again and again). I was finally able to install using a UniBeast disk and finally back to the road with Clover.

System is up but and stable but presenting these issues:
1/ crash after wake/sleep and inserting USB
2/ no sound after wake/sleep
3/ every reboot I've to press F12 to select UEFI SSD, other way i'll face the blinking slash :/
4/ windows and linux drives are being recognized but unable to boot asking me to select a "proper boot option"

Any help will be much appreciated:thumbup:
I'm going to answer myself for future users:
1/ solved it first flashing my evga gtx 670 with a UEFI only bios (I asked the manufacturer and they sent it via mail), second I set CSM to off and boot. now wake / sleep works and i can plug / unplug any drive after
2/ reinstalled and used this time clover 2953 instead 3033. looks like this helped and sound works after sleep (sometimes causes problems if sound is playing while entering sleep)
3/ worked out of the box once i reinstalled and used clover 2953
4/ does not work from main menu as before BUT entering the second uefi boot option and selecting the drive works

What about using the HD4000 instead of a dedicated GPU ?
What settings do I need to change ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back