Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H with i5-3570K and SSD. Clover Installation For Dummies :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got struck at progress bar, it does not proceed even after a hour. I don't have any graphic card installed other than the inbuilt one. I choose Install OSX Yosemite apple logo appears followed by progress bar then nothing happens even after a hour, I repeated three time on both USB port 2 and 3.
Have you got the same processor? Did you copy the EFI folder? I do not really know here...

I have a working (multibeast method) iMessage on my Yosemite but I have couple of issues (random freeze and usb 3 freeze). Can I use the serial number, SmUUID, etc from this working Yosemite to built my USB install OS X yosemite drive with Clover Configurator (I can just copy paste my current serial to Clover Configurator)?
YES. Do that... and save it preciously. If i were you, i would not delete this working Multibeast Yosemite untill you have another working Clover Yosemite with imessage.

Could you please clarify these steps as other user also asked

I took your attached file for this purpose "zip Unzip EFI.zip", I hope the path must be "EFI/CLOVER/" rather what you wrote "EFI/folder/CLOVER/"
NO. The config.Plist is the one you downloaded from Unzip-EFI.zip. You will have to tweak that one with the next steps.... The one in EFI./CLOVER/config.plist is the default one. Not the one you want to tweak i think.... check that and give me a feedback please.

I just copied the EFI folder from USB path: files/ (where the config.plist was configured by me). I don't understand what you mean by "the one from billy"
Sorry . Ignore the billy comment hehehe....

Have you got the same processor? Did you copy the EFI folder? I do not really know here...

My processor is Intel Core i5 3570k (same as yours)
BIOS: default Optimal Settings but I'm using F16 mod11 firmware (beta!)

I modified the config.Plist which is downloaded from Unzip-EFI.zip. After that I created a folder called "Files" under my USB root, also I placed the same EFI folder in the root of mounted EFI (via Clover Configurator).

I'm going to revert my BIOS firmware to F14 and I'll update the result.

Hello and thanks for your support.

I see that you are using a different processor. I think it will create issues. Have a look here :
Read here: GA-Z77X-UD5H + GTX670: Multibeast settings
and here
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Did you find "
KextsToPatch" in the config file???

Juhu i have it up and running. Finally no USB issues after sleep anymore.
Fantastic blasting fast.
Only thing still not working is Trim for trim support for my SSD.
I do not have the "Kexts to Pach line"

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>

Thats what it looks like in my plist.

Cheek my reply above in red

Thanks for the quick reply! Any chance you could post your finalized config.plist since I basically have the same mobo with an i7 processor?

Hi Jbez...On your last reply about config.plist you directed me to the GA-Z77X-UD5h folder with kexts for the config.plist file. Would it be possible you could provide a working version since that one is essentially blank? I have attached the .plist version I was able to get my usb drive booted minus the SMBBIOS information. View attachment usb_config.plist

Hi Jbez...On your last reply about config.plist you directed me to the GA-Z77X-UD5h folder with kexts for the config.plist file. Would it be possible you could provide a working version since that one is essentially blank? I have attached the .plist version I was able to get my usb drive booted minus the SMBBIOS information. View attachment 113437

Hi and sorry for the late reply. It is not a reply you are going to like. :lol:
In fact, i can not send my .plist because it includes all my "private" information like SMBIOS, ...
In fact, do not give to anybody this info yourself. You could have problems after...
Sorry for that.

Hi and sorry for the late reply. It is not a reply you are going to like. :lol:
In fact, i can not send my .plist because it includes all my "private" information like SMBIOS, ...
In fact, do not give to anybody this info yourself. You could have problems after...
Sorry for that.

You could strip out the smbios section with a text editor. I wouldn't expect you to provide that since it would just get us both locked out ;)

From the little I have about learned about Clover and UEFI booting it looks like your default Clover install would be doing a legacy boot from /EFI folder on the root of your install disk and not the UEFI method of the EFI partiion on disk0s1.

I am really interested in getting the UEFI method working for the faster boot times and since the board is able to support it. The search continues...

hello,

i need some help please.

I followed the guide and i have my system up and running fine. All working!

Since i did so many things during the install to get it up and running i thought i will do a new clean install on
a new SSD drive.

So i did the install on the new SSD installed clover and copied the EFI Folder from my work SSD to the new one.
Installed all kext and...

So now i can not boot from the new SSD it goes til the apple logo and stops.
I can boot the new ssd from the usb pen drive with no problem.

iF i attach the old SSD it start up like it should.

But no matter what i do i can't get the new SSD to start up.

Do i need to do some EFI bios reset or anything like that ?

What am i missing? I have no idea.

Thanks for any hint.

Congrats for having it working... :headbang:

Regarding the SSD issue, did you recopy the EFI folder in the EFI drive of the SSD?
Did you format the SSD drive before? I would... dont ask me why :D
Did you take out all the other drives from the computer. Trust me, it can solves issues... (Maybe the boot is looking for your old version, the one with your HD....) - that s why i recommend format SSD and take away all hard drive.
Are you booting UEFI always?

Good luck, and have a nice hacking week end :lol:

I try to load your clover setting 20 time now.
But there is nothing preselected after import the config file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back