Contribute
Register

Ga-z77x-ud5h spdif

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is SPDIF enabled on the GA-Z77X-UD5H?
Enable SPDIF in BIOS. Select System Preferences/Sound/Output/Digital Out. SPDIF supports 5.1 DD and DTS; not enough bandwidth for 7.1 or any lossless HD audio.

Enable SPDIF in BIOS. Select System Preferences/Sound/Output/Digital Out. SPDIF supports 5.1 DD and DTS; not enough bandwidth for 7.1 or any lossless HD audio.

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks much.

I'll go with 5.1 then on the install tomorrow.

Is there a MultiBeast setting needed to enable the 5.1 also? I realize the 5.1 is set up through the midi for SPDIF.

Not sure if 10.8.3 will automatically recognize the SPDIF with the bios setting only using this motherboard.

Ritey

-----------------------

GA-Z77X-UD5H Digital Output is reporting Settings for the selected device: "The selected device has no output controls"

Only 'STEREO' setting is available. 5.1 is greyed out. Output selected is 'Digital Out' - Optical digital-out port. There are only two speakers to configure (not 5.1).

Setup ALC 889 via Multibeast. Profile = Mac Pro 3,1

Ritey

GA-Z77X-UD5H Digital Output is reporting Settings for the selected device: "The selected device has no output controls"
Your receiver has the volume control and indicates when encoded digital audio is passed through by OS X.

Your receiver has the volume control and indicates when encoded digital audio is passed through by OS X.

-------------------------------------

Thanks toleda.

I am using the Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Digital Speaker System.

It does recognize the SPDIF signal as 'Optical,' and there is excellent audio coming out of each speaker.

I was hoping to be able to use the 'Speaker Setup' for true 5.1 control using the ALC 898 and this sound system. I am very pleased with the quality of sound being produced. It would be complete if the speaker setup was fully functional.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121120

Ritey ..

I was hoping to be able to use the 'Speaker Setup' for true 5.1 control using the ALC 898 and this sound system. I am very pleased with the quality of sound being produced. It would be complete if the speaker setup was fully functional.
For the second time, OS X by design only passes the encoded digital signal to the receiver. Logitech provides any and all "true 5.1 control".

If you want OS X/898 to do "speaker setup", plug the speakers into the motherboard and see tonymacx86 - How to enable 5.1-channel analogue audio in OS X. The limitations include no volume control and no all channel stereo. Be careful what you ask for.

Hey Toledo,
i had recently bought a DAC (AudioEngine D1) i also have the Ga-z77x-ud5h motherboard and i am goin to setup my hack pro but i would like to know if dac's work well with mac os x 10.8.3 or works with hackintosh in general?? i had previous audio issues with my previous asus board so i choose gigabyte this time because its highly recommended by tonymac.

Attachments

• IMG-20140213-WA0030.jpg
    IMG-20140213-WA0030.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG-20140213-WA0032.jpg
    IMG-20140213-WA0032.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back